Two Stolen Gpzs In Yuma

Condor

Paul, your experience, nasty as it has been, may in the long run turn out to be a boon for many others - like me - I am upping my insurance to cover my detecting equipment.

I hope your machine turns up soon.

These guys are always getting peoples stuff back! apparently gps doesnt always work if item is stored indoors....:ph34r:

• Like 1

Paul, 

I like the GPS tracker. However there is a few near my area that I've been told use these for tracking detecting areas. The guys that use them put them magnetically to a bumper or under a car. Not cool. I have cameras and haven't found any personal evidence yet. 

Love the idea in a honest world. 

John

On 1/30/2017 at 7:59 PM, Randy Lunn said:

Hi Paul and Condor, just catching up. This is devastating. So sorry to hear about the theft and Paul, the insurance issues can be salt in the wound. I am not sure where you are now, but I live in La Quinta, CA, I am two hours from Quartzsite, AZ and two and a half hours from Yuma. If you want to borrow my GPZ please let me know, and I 

Thanks for that offer Randy!!!!

I think I am going to hunt a couple more days with another friends sdc 2300 and call it good.. For awhile....

That stuff getting stolen kind took the wind out of me.... I am looking at my semi retiredness being over soon, and if i have to go east i won't need a gold detector for awhile.

Condor may be interested though..while he waits for some new ones to come available.... Used ones just don't seem to be out there now.... 

I have been looking online all evening for flights and seats for the 2017 trip to Australia..., can't wait.  Got to work for awhile and sack up some cash...

Well Randy, ....(and others, who have offered their machines, etc)... It just shows the true heart of the people who frequent this forum.

I know I kid alot on here, but I truly appreciate all the friends I have met in the last 6 years in this mining world.

What a great bunch!

Paul

• Like 9

On 01/02/2017 at 3:52 PM, vanursepaul said:

I am thinking of getting something more on the line of this type unit--(smaller hopefully) -- I havent read enough to see if this only works using the phone signal or if it actually uses GPS--

I am thinking phone service only--- so i guess you would have to add a line to your phone plan..

May be worth it.... more research needed in these type units... i think i saw  plans for 10 bucks a month for a device similar.... i like that this one is rechargeable and on demand.

The little coin sized ones are called "crowd GPS" which is not GPS at all, but rather a network of users that have their bluetooth on.

UPDATE: I just talked with my USAA insurance people and I increased my renters insurance to 20K for only 5 dollars more a month-- easier than using a GPS and all my things are covered anywhere in the world--(Australia)

This doesnt help us with what we lost now--- I cant believe it was only 5 bucks/month---

i owe Condor a big apology.... i should have been responsible enough to have had this coverage already...

A word to the wise---

How much is the claims excess though? My experience is that they always "lose" these important details in the small print. 5 dollars a month might sound great now, but not if you have to pay the first $1000 of any claim you make.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is far but the craigslist in Georgia is trying to sell a gpz 7000 for $5000, and he will not ship, it just seems like a fishy ad, like a stolen detector, it has pics, was your guys detector in a box??

https://columbusga.craigslist.org/spo/5976657993.html

• Like 2