Condor

Two Stolen Gpzs In Yuma

I know this is far but the craigslist in Georgia is trying to sell a gpz 7000 for $5000, and he will not ship, it just seems like a fishy ad, like a stolen detector, it has pics, was your guys detector in a box??

https://columbusga.craigslist.org/spo/5976657993.html

• Like 2

Paul checked out that ad and ended up buying the detector.  It was all very legitimate. 

• Like 1

There are no secrets, Paul...

I guess you will be keeping that 19 inch anchor now...

good luck!

fred

• Like 1

Paul,I still hope every thing works out for the best for you and steve,you did get extra keys made for the Toy didn't you?.

• Like 1

Still have the anchor Fred..:biggrin:

And YES Brett I have two sets of keys and Fobs :tongue:

• Like 2

YaaaaaaaaaaHoooooooooooo....

Back in business!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didnt know how much I enjoyed the 7000 until I got my new (barely used) one in my hands yesterday....

Thank you Dan from GA...

God is good!

• Like 9

go get em Paul,Eric was out yesterday for his last outing and got a nice little nugget.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rege-PA
      I was reading an Aussie forum and was shocked to read the following, hits home pretty hard.
      Anyone have any ideas how to protect your gear when out swinging?
      Poor choice led to bad luck.
        IDAufinder Today at 6:02 am
        I haven't posted for quite some time but have been reading some very interesting posts so I thought I would share an ugly one. I had hoped to share some good news along with some pics of the finds I should have by now but I got bit by the nasty thief bug!! I finally had everything I needed to retire to the gold fields of the western U.S. and start beeping to my hearts content but I made the poor choice of taking all my cash with me. On the second day out I was out in the middle of nowhere Nevada and had hauled my detectors, coils and my Honda CT90 out to a spot my Dad had told me about to do mostly scout work and a little beeping and at the end of a long day I got back to my camp trailer to find my lock cut off and my door pried open.  Some thieves had got in and found my money and stole some of my electronics and it was obvious by the tracks that they were on ATV's. The thieves got away with $5500, my little tv, a 4000 watt inverter and my satellite system.  I had almost bought a small safe to lag bolt to the floor under my bed but I didn't (I'll have one next time!!). So I learned a big lesson, don't trust a padlocked and dead bolted door to keep your valuables safe!! The good news was that I had my Minelab and all my coils and my Gold Bug 2 and coils plus my 3 guns with me and enough cash on me to make it back home to Idaho.   I am now working to get my finances back enough so I can retire to a life of chasing the elusive nugget again and I am hoping by the end of May that I will restart my dream.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Eight years of hard work gone.....
      http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-11/gold-nuggets-stolen-from-cowell-home/6844622
    • By pard
      Heres another aspect to be aware of, at ten grand a pop these detectors are going to be tempting bait for thieves so best keep them locked up and not left in trucks outside at night. i wouldn't be surprised at someone being robbed at gun point of their gpz, especially in the remote desert areas some of you folks go to...
    • By jasong
      Sorry for the off topic post, I just wanted to get this out there quickly and please delete if this shouldn't be here. I had a ton of stuff stolen in Arizona, not sure what exactly yet as I have to drive down now to find out. They abandoned my RV on the road since I sabotaged the wheels to prevent theft (after they dragged it 1000ft ruining my axles and drums), but took everything inside, and took a 40ft Conex worth of tools and gold prospecting equipment. So much stuff I'm not even sure what all was in it until I can do a full inventory.
      So, if anyone sees someone in NW Arizona trying to offload a bunch of drywashers, crusher stuff, cleanup stuff, sluices, especially if they seem like tweakers, please let me know. Also, a Yamaha Grizzly ATV, green, 400cc. Tons of tools, most the battery powered stuff was Makita. Had a Troy Bilt gold vac, a smaller keene drywasher (is it the 141?), a bigger Keene drywasher (black), a puffer Keene drywasher. I'm forgetting a ton of stuff but, you get the idea, if some tweaker is going around trying to sell gold prospecting stuff for cheap to people, get a name if you can. Mohave county Sheriff is out there now, if anyone has heard anything at all, please let the sheriff know.
      Had all my detectors with me in Wyoming so none of them were stolen.
      If anyone hears anything, anyone mentioning anything about who did this, please let me or the sheriff know. The gates and the chain were cut, plus cut through 4 large boron carbide shackles. they had tools and it was planned. It wasn't in a place that someone randomly would have found, I suspect they are local and/or prospectors at this time. It sounds like some of my con buckets were stolen, which would look like dirt bucket to someone who didn't know it might be valuable so if they weren't prospectors, they must be familiar with it to take buckets of dirt.
      It may have happened a few weeks ago, I just now got someone track me down from some papers they found in my abandoned trailer and let me know about it sitting there in the middle of the road. It's been 110 or hotter out there so there weren't many prospectors around but one said he thought he saw my trailer moved at least a few weeks ago.
      If anyone has info leading to an arrest with at least some of my items found so I know it was them, I will give you $1000 cash. We can work it out anonymously if preferred.
      Thanks
    • By KS Stick
      ON the Dankowski forum Monty had some detectors stolen. He sure could use some help
      http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,132968
      Stick
    • By Jim_Alaska
      Posting this here just in case.

Yes, it was old, just like me. It even took on some of my old age idiosyncrasies; it was heavy when full, started hard in the morning, ran intermittently depending on mood, took a lot of tinkering to get it to perform properly, created a lot of dust and its exhaust smelled bad. But it was a trusty old friend that was always there in a pinch. It’s ability to draw material and gold upward out of a crack was second to no other method.
      You may have guessed by now that I am talking about my trusty gas powered vacuum. It is the old original Vac Pack.
      Unfortunately someone thought they needed my Vac Pack more than I did and rudely helped themselves to it.
      Yes, I should have known better than to leave it where I was working, but circumstances dictated that I do just that. I was working in my “secret spot” that has lots of exposed ancient bedrock and my trusty vac was producing enough gold to keep a smile on my face.
      But part of getting old is that you just can’t do the things you once did and old age infirmities make hauling equipment and full buckets of material over rough ground an almost impossible task. In recent years I have developed peripheral neuropathy, the result of which is no feeling in my feet and legs.  This translates to not being able to walk very far and extreme instability. I have to use a cane at all times for stability. So what I carry and how much must be limited as much as possible.
      So, I chose to carry buckets of material back to the truck and leave my vac concealed behind the bedrock. This is in a place that no one drives into and even if they did they could not see the equipment without walking all the way to it. I have been working this place all summer and had no problems leaving the equipment and have not seen one other person.
      In the past I have left mining equipment in numerous places and never had a problem, but all it takes is one time and just the right person.
      If you see or know of anyone trying to sell a gas powered vac I would like to know about it and possibly get a look at it. As I said this is the old, original Vac Pack brand. It says Vac Pack on the bucket. The bucket is 5 gallon black with the letters in faded gold. The engine is the old Gray colored Echo brand leaf blower motor. The bucket has a traditional wire carrying handle, but I replaced the old thin grip with one of the new snap on orange handles. This should make it easy to identify.
      So I guess its back to using the old methods, screwdrivers, crack tools and a brush. I already miss my trusty friend.