The Latest On The Deus V4 High Frequency Gold Coils

Ringmoney

The XY is most beneficial to coin shooters/ring finders in trashy parks IMO.  Which is a welcomed improvement.  Yes, I know it was there before but its implemented far better now.  I'm sure it's still not as good at identification as an FBS machine but then again nothing is.

I wouldn't expect relic hunters or gold prospectors to use XY. 

• Like 2

I could see it being useful for gold in a "reverse" case where all the trash is nice and linear on the plot and the gold is generally squiggly yet both ring up in a narrow VDI range similar to each other. Having never used a machine like this I have no idea how often that happens though, but I do know there are some really trashy places I'd like to hunt where most of the trash is just 1 or 2 different types of items.

I love that there are features like these on machines, even if they aren't useful in the end. :biggrin: This thread almost makes me want to not wait for the elliptical and just get the round Deus so I can start experimenting with it in parks here when the ground thaws.

• Like 1

My mate did more test today on nuggets of different size and shapes from Australia and changing frequency doesn't really affect the detection depth the V4 seems to turn the deus into a more capable gold prospecting machine but still it is not a GPZ.....France which was the market place where XP really took off in 2001 is is now under a new law regarding metal detecting and i won't be surprised if a ban is on his way.

This guy has been using the deus since it came out and has been in close contact with the XP owner, i trust him 101% when it come to the deus and other machine.So far he isn't impress and it seems the sales of MD has dropped in the last few month due to the custom searching house confiscating coins collection and equipment.

RR

• Like 2

Gentlemen i had the opportunity to see the v4 in action remotely via Viber on a cell phone and it was good fun i saw  a few differences in the audio response and  the 2.5 reactivity is really a plus my mate did the demo with a v3.2 9" coil and a  deus and a V4 9" HF coil.The high frequency get you few extras cms and the XY line are also easy to understand.He compare on the same target all the detector available in the shop and none could get the coin at 22cm in highly mineralised soil(coin was an old french 10 centimes)

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces3.html

Also he has the coil 1 week on loan from his boss so i should feed you with more infos soon

Have a nice week end

RR

• Like 1

So I'm not a gold prospector and don't have gold around.  I do have a gram of gold of small pickers my son and I panned for fun.

What kind of test do you want to see done with the HF coil?  As a coin/park hunter and a few hours hunting with the new HF today I can definitely say it's not for me.  The lowest frequency isn't low enough to avoid the deus' affinity for calling aluminum/canslaw coins.  I typically use 8k or 12k.  The lowest on the new coils is ~13.3k - 15.6k.  The higher frequencies absolutely slam low conductors.  Nickel ID is 66 on 15k, 80 on 30k, and 87 on 55k.  zinc and higher is crammed in the 95-98 id range on the highest freq.  So great for micro jewelry hunters and prospectors.  I've started some vids on youtube with the same user but won't link since it could be viewed as advertising.  

Seconded on posting the vids. Any idea what ID range square nails, rusty old tin can bits or old pieces of blasting caps (if you happen to have any of those) ring up as compared to the pickers you have at 30 and 55k?

How easy is it to switch between frequencies? Can you configure it so it's like 1 button/trigger push, or does it require a lot of scrolling through menus?

Its the same as before.  Menu->freq->+/-

You could still do custom programs in slots next together with identical settings besides freq like some have in the past for simple +/- button to cross check.

Thanks for some low conductor testing ideas.  It's definitely not my forte.