Good on you Chris, getting out prospecting again is good for the soul, no matter how big the piece of gold was or how arduous the journey.

JP

• Like 6

Great new on the nugget, It was a fantastic spring like day for sure

• Like 1

Hi Chris,

Good to hear you and Dad got out and enjoyed the beautiful country. Perhaps it gave he and you some quality time to refocus at least for a bit.  Take care, and keep us posted.

LARGO    AKA:  Gary Long/Boise

Nice Chris! Best wishes to your Dad, as I did not know about the loss your Mother. Looks like a picture from the bridge at Mineral Bar? Slater and I were out that way a few weeks ago.

Break the Ice 2017! That's what its about! Nice Piece Chris :rolleyes: Yeah!

3 hours ago, matt said:

Looks like a picture from the bridge at Mineral Bar?

Yup, the photo is from the bridge at mineral Bar - I wanted to stop there for a minute to see what the NF American river looked like. The last time you and I were both out detecting in the same spot, years ago, I remember you found a pretty decent one with your minelab. That same general spot is where this nugget came from, but lets not say the name of the location and keep it a secret. There are a lot of old hydraulic pits in that general area. Over the years, I've found at least a little gold in a bunch of them.

You are right Chris! I found 5 in less than an hour that day and one of them weighed a dwt.

Went up to Downieville last Sunday for a day trip and the rivers are running high and it looks like a lot of material has moved around. Should be a nice summer up there this year for prospecting. Too bad we can't put a dredge in the water!

Good find and fine company I say!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Smithsgold
      High Sierra Gold
      Join Jeff and Mike as they look for Gold and Treasure in the High Sierra's , Watch as Jeff finds a  .45 Gram nugget. 
      High Sierra Gold

Thanks for watching I hope you enjoyed the video,
                                             Jeff

• By inthemountains
      Here is a new find this summer with GPZ . 4 1/2 troy oz.  I credit my son with this find because I told him it was probably a big piece of tin. I listened to it and was super tired so i really didn't think we were going to dig something like that. He dug and pried at the nugget's hiding spot for a time as I watched and listened. I saw it come out but we were in the shade so it looked like a flat piece of rusty tin. When he dropped it in my hand I knew that was  a great nugget.  This was one of the best high five father and son moments we have ever had detecting.

• By IdahoPeg
      We’ve all heard “follow the drywashers” but I decided to follow the Monster lol. Since getting back from FL and enjoying time at the cabin it’s been tougher to find spots to play. One of my favorites from last summer is claimed up, and I can’t get to my other area yet due to high creek water. So I’ve been exploring new territory and found a spot that has my decomposing granite bedrock that is fun to detect. The first time playing with the Monster I got these cute little nuggies( Chinese coin was given to me by a local miner who felt sorry for me cuz I haven’t found one yet! )

But the detecting started to dry up after a couple more visits, so I decided to get the drywasher out. Now I know why this spot wasn’t claimed....no access road so I lugged all my gear a quarter mile over rock piles, through brush, over downed trees etc, and set up:

After shoveling and scraping the bedrock I always stop and check it out with the Monster....found 2 little guys!

Here’s another view of the area...not a soul around, and only the sound of my Puffer and the creek below....love it!

Ran for about one and a half hours, and when I panned out the concentrates got some nice color! 

I think the Puffer and the Monster make a great team! Next time I’ll let the Goldbug2 come and play too....better for investigating the cracks and crevices. 
    • By idahogold
      I guess we'll never know, complete cleaning down to bedrock" w/ firehoses and total demolition of a hillside to fill a previous chasm" from the original disaster. Cheers, Ig