Official Nokta Impact Announcement

nokta-impact-3-frequency-metal-detector.jpg
Nokta/Makro Impact metal detector

Dear Valued Members:

We are proud to announce the new IMPACT, that has been tested in 5 continents by more than 30 engineers, experts and users!

IMPACT is a 3-frequency device (5kHz/14kHz/20kHz) combining  multiple detectors  and enabling a unique yet easy-to-use detector experience for new to experienced detectorists.

Impact Features:
12 Search Modes (2 non-motion, 2 all metal, 8 discrimination modes)
Advanced Discrimination & Unmasking Ability
Online Firmware Updates
Optional 2.4 GHz Wireless Headphones
Vibration
LED Flashlight

• Operating Frequency: 5kHz - 14kHz - 20kHz
  • Warranty: 2 years
  • Weight: 1.8 kg (4 lbs.) including search coil and batteries
  • 12 Search Modes:
  • 2 Non-motion Modes (with audio discrimination)
  • 2 All Metal Modes (with audio discrimination)
  • 8 Discrimination Modes - 2 Tone / 3 Tone / 4 Tones / 99 Tones / Deep / Conductive Ground / VLX1 and VLX
  • Ground Balance with 3 Options: Automatic, Manual, Tracking
  • Notch Filter: Discriminates single or multiple Target IDs of unwanted metals by silencing them or giving an iron tone.
  • Tone Break: Adjusts the break points of the target response tones on the Target ID range.
  • Iron Audio (Fe Vol): Turns off or adjusts the volume of the low iron tone
  • Audio Tone: Changes the frequency of target and threshold tones (150Hz - 700Hz).
  • iSAT: Allows for a stable operation of the device by eliminating false signals caused by high mineralization and hot rocks in the all metal and discrimination modes as well as eliminating threshold drifts caused by ground and temperature changes in the static modes.
  • Magnetic Mineralization Indicator: Shows mineralization intensity of the ground.
  • Extra features at the push of a button: Audio Boost, ID Normalization, Target ID Depth Level.
  • Backlight (Bright)
  • FD / Save: Easily saves your settings or restores factory defaults.

PRICING AND AVAILABILITY 
11000701 IMPACT STANDARD PACKAGE  MSRP: $849 USD
Includes: Waterproof IM28 - DD Search Coil  28 cm x 18 cm (11'' x 7''), Headphones, 4 x AA Alkaline Batteries, USB Cable

11000702 IMPACT PRO PACKAGE  MSRP: $999 USD
Includes: Waterproof IM28 - DD Search Coil  28 cm x 18 cm (11'' x 7''), Waterproof IM19 - DD Search Coil  19 cm x 10 cm (7.5'' x 4''), Headphones, Carrying Bag, Protective Covers, Stand, Extra Lower Shaft, AC & Car Charger, 4 x AA Rechargeable Batteries, USB Cable

Optional Search Coils:
Waterproof IM40 - DD Search Coil  40 cm x 35 cm (15.5'' x 14'') 
Waterproof IM24 - DD Search Coil 24cm x 13cm (9.5'' x 5")

Download Owners Manual

We are now taking the pre-orders from dealers and product will start shipping to dealers the 3rd week of March.  We will ship the orders to dealers in the order they are received. 

Should you have any questions regarding the product, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards, Dilek

nokta-impact-specifications-packages.jpg

• Like 1

Nokta Impact (with optional 7" x 4" DD coil) next to Makro Gold Racer

nokta-impact-makro-gold-racer.jpg
Nokta/Makro Gold Racer & Nokta/Makro Impact metal detectors with small coils

I would not characterize myself as a true tester of the Nokta Impact on the level of Tom Dankowski or others. I did however receive a late version prototype about 30 days ago to do a last minute check of the system. Unfortunately weather has been at record bad levels in my area and it has been difficult to put in the time on the unit it deserves. It is a relatively complex detector compared to most, with many different settings to experiment with. It has several unique features, one of the most important perhaps to potential early buyers being the ability to update the firmware over the internet. This does remove much of the risk inherent in buying early and holds out the promise of possible tweaks and improvements to come.

My focus being gold prospecting I can say that while the Nokta Impact is a very capable machine for gold prospecting it will not match the Makro Gold Racer for sensitivity to smaller gold. It is closer to the Nokta Fors Gold+ in that regard. Performance on gram plus gold is on par with other machines in the 13 - 20 kHz class, though the ability to drop to 5 kHz may provide some benefits in the worst ground on large nuggets, much like is seen with the 6.4 kHz mode on the Eureka Gold.

The Nokta Impact is a very intriguing metal detector, much like owning several different machines in one. The 99 tone mode has a VCO response more like one might expect of the DEUS than other full tone models, like my DFX. The Gen mode is quite unique being a threshold based all metal mode with a dual tone disc mode layered over it, what is referred to as a mixed mode. Wireless headphone capability (2.4 Ghz lag free) is built-in but headphones will be optional. Physically the unit is a well balanced 4.26 pounds with a straight shaft, molded post style grip. The cable is enclosed in the rod assembly for snag free operation and a clean look. The 7" x 4" DD coil is a real sweet option for trashy locations.

There is a more that I will comment on later when I have time. For now rest assured this is a true flagship detector that can run head to head with the best that any other manufacturer has to offer. In my opinion it signals Nokta/Makro arrival as a true top-tier contender. Look at two of the so-called Big 5, Tesoro and Garrett, and show me anything remotely like this machine.

• Like 1

Very intersting machine indeed. I read Toms full report/corespondence. The things that caught my attention were depth like f75 and stable target id. I had An f75 briefly but passed it off quickly. The machine i had was all over the place  with target id. Be interesting to see how it does in trashy locations with mixed low conductors like foil, pull tabs, and bottle caps. Pricing appears relitively modest. I look forward to seeing your thoughts on the machine

Some stuff for the tech spec nerds out there.

The small coil comes with coil cover. Under the coil cover it is a bare epoxy bottom. Coil size 7.5" x 4" DD. Weight without scuff cover 11.4 oz and with scuff cover 12.7 oz. Note - my weights always include the cable. Amazingly that is sometimes excluded, as if you can use the coil without the cable! All my weights are done by me personally using digital postal scales.

nokta-impact-7-4-dd-coil-epoxy-bottom-exposed.jpg

nokta-impact-7-4-dd-coil.jpg

Large coil (the stock coil) is 11" x 7" DD. Weighs 13.2 oz without scuff cover, 15.6 oz with cover.

nokta-impact-7-11-dd-coil-epoxy-bottom-exposed.jpg

nokta-impact-7-11-dd-coil.jpg

Display both with backlight and with reflected light. Large numbers in middle at 1.5" x 1.5" for scale. There are 12 operating modes. The up and down black buttons rotate through the options. The left and right buttons adjust the selected option. The left red button toggles between the MODE and SETTINGS on the left. The MODE is the default area and the detector always reverts there after about 8 seconds.

The right red button takes you to the EXPERT menu.

Settings can be set and saved independently for each mode. You can then easily mode switch to check target responses in different modes with different settings. Anyone used to the Racer 2 will see this is basically a super Racer 2 taking everything from all the Nokta FORS and Racer models and combining into one detector. There are also many new modes unique to the Impact. The Nokta Impact at 5, 14, or 20 kHz can match or exceed the performance of nearly any existing FORS or Racer model with the exception of the Gold Racer.

nokta-impact-lcd-screen-backlight.jpg

nokta-impact-lcd-screen-relective.jpg

• Like 1

The Impact is extremely well balanced and with stock 11" x 7" coil and batteries weighs 4 lbs 4.2 oz. The Impact with 7.5" x 4" DD weighs 4 lbs 1.5 oz. I find the molded hand grip to be very comfortable, the best yet from Nokta/Makro. The rod has a quick flip lever instead of standard twist locks - nice! The units adjusts from about 57" extended to 50" shortened up. It can go a few inches shorter but it feels to me like the internal cable is getting scrunched up too much if forced shorter. 

nokta-impact-with-optional-7-4-dd-coil.jpg

The snap off battery door on the rear end hides 4 AA batteries. The machine eats a set of batteries in a couple days time so rechargeables are the way to go. When the batteries are removed the mini USB port that is used for updates is exposed. The process is simple - I have done it a couple times. There is a 1/4" headphone jack. The Impact has wireless headphone capability built in but the wireless headphones are an option. More on them later. You also see here the on/off volume control.

nokta-impact-battery-location.jpg

nokta-impact-battery-compartment-usb-port-location.jpg

Thanks Steve for the additional info. Steve.   There's a lot going on inside that Impact! Can't wait to see some videos and hear more details on performance.  That little elliptical coil will be a must have if its anything like the one they make for the Gold Racer.  

Are the Impact updates available on both PC and Mac?  I know CTX software only works on Windows PC.

Bryan

PC only as far as I know. However, I have run CTX software on my Mac Air by using Boot Camp to install Windows. You have to buy Windows but it does let me run XChange also on my Mac Air when I am on the road with my GPZ. I am sure it would do the trick also for the Nokta software installation program.

I have become very cautious talking about new detectors as I do not want to have anyone accusing me of hyping things. However, I just got back from the proverbial pounded location where I test run many detectors and sure enough, that little coil did its magic, with a number of coins pulled out of dense trash. The machine balances so well no arm strap is needed, which I like. I have also found to my great surprise that I am really liking the Nokta wireless headphones.

Still early days for me with this machine so lots more to say now that I am finally able to get out and use it like it deserves.

• Like 3