Official Nokta Impact Announcement

"Good stuff Nenad! Many thanks for several heads-up clarities!

TRIangular shafts...now that's innovative...time will tell how long they hold up?

It sure sounds like one could buy just this one model and have almost 90% hunt needs covered?"

The lower rod is more than stout enough so I do not expect longevity will be an issue. I do see a mistake in Kellyco accessory listing - the upper rod is aluminum but the lower rod is plastic, not aluminum as stated in their accessory list. I will correct that in my copy.

The Impact uses a lever type lock system instead of the standard locking pins and twist rings. The problem some may have noticed with lever locks and round tubes is there is no exact way to align the lower rod and therefore the coil. I do not know about other people, but I am very sensitive to the coil being loose or out of plane. There might be an advantage in a round tube for people who for some reason want to purposefully twist the coil out of parallel with the ground, for instance, to hunt a side wall. I however found I much prefer the triangular rod assembly because the rod slides quickly in and out, with no thought of getting the lateral alignment "just right".

Here is a side view of the main handle grip shape and angle with trigger switch (rubber capped). Click images for larger view.

nokta-impact-rod-handle-grip-trigger.jpg

And here is a detail shot of the sliding adjustable arm rest assembly:

nokta-impact-sliding-adjustable-armrest.jpg

The upper rod disengages from the main handle/control box by flipping a lever just like the one used to adjust the lower rod. The upper rod pulls out and exposes the coil cable connection. Quick and easy. If a person changed coils a lot having a lower and upper rod assembly mounted on both coils would make for very fast coil swapping. Here you can see the upper aluminum triangular rod in cross section.

The coil cables are straight unlike CTX or ATX cables which have a spring-like coiled portion to allow the cables to stretch as the detector rod is extended or collapsed. On the Impact this coiled up portion of the cable is in the upper handle assembly inside under where the handle attaches (on left in this photo). So you still get the same ability to extend and collapse the rod even though the coil cable are regular straight cables.

nokta-impact-upper-rod-coil-cable-connection-detail.jpg

I like the addition of the rubber grommet to minimize the cable flapping around inside the tube. 

• 2 weeks later...

In VLF machines I was considering the Nokta Fors Relic with large 15" coil or Detech Relic Striker with large 18" coil. I am strictly using machine to find deeper caches of buried metal. What most would consider trash. 

Would the Impact be a relevant new platform to consider with the 15" coil for locating the type of items I seek at depths?

Average target would be comparable to burying a metal trash can lid at 4 to 5 feet depth.

Thanks!

On 3/16/2017 at 4:01 AM, FeO2digger said:

In VLF machines I was considering the Nokta Fors Relic with large 15" coil or Detech Relic Striker with large 18" coil. I am strictly using machine to find deeper caches of buried metal. What most would consider trash. 

Would the Impact be a relevant new platform to consider with the 15" coil for locating the type of items I seek at depths?

Average target would be comparable to burying a metal trash can lid at 4 to 5 feet depth.

Thanks!

I would think that the 5 kHz option on the Impact would be a much better choice over the Relic at 19 kHz. Also the Impact 15" coil is slightly wider. The other thing that will give you more depth on the Impact is the awesome all-metal mode. Not going to go as deep as a 2-box job, but depends on the size of the target you are seeking. 

• Like 2

Some info on VLX modes. Basically, they are a less aggressive mode, which will be ideal for users who are not used to Fast Recovery machines to ease themselves into the Impact. I can also see them useful when chasing modern shallow coins in fresh sites, so chances of the coins being masked are quite low. 

In my opinion, VLX1 still goes plenty deep. I used it recently and was getting clear hits that was deeper than I was prepared to dig in the particular park I was in. 

Dilek posted this over on Findmall: 

VLX1

3-tone discrimination mode designed for users who prefer a lower noise level while detecting. Ideal for coin hunting on changing grounds and different levels of mineralization. It will provide weaker responses for fringe depth targets as well as ground and environmental noises. Therefore, it is suitable for use with Disc. set to 0 and at higher gain levels. If needed, a more stable operation can be obtained by increasing the Disc. but Disc. will create a greater loss in depth in this mode compared to others.

VLX2

Resembles the VLX1 in terms of characteristics. However, it is a deeper mode utilizing 4-tones and it is ideal for both coin and relic hunting in changing ground conditions and all levels of mineralization.

• Like 1