White's V3i And Vx3 Factory Master Reset

On 2/23/2017 at 11:45 AM, tboykin said:

I have been instructed by the engineers to shut my trap. So instead I would suggest finding a copy of the "Advanced User Manual" written by some very smart people. A quick google search should help you find it.

I am tryin to find out how to reset the password when its been forgotten (it is still set at the default password that appeared during the initial registration).  The White's factory has gone out of business.  I have been in touch with Garrett's and the White's authorized repair centers.  They are currently researching it for me.   In one of the interim responses I received from on repair center, they indicated that it was based on the serial number, but they haven't come up with a definitive answer yet.  It sounds like you have some "inside" information about the White's Spectrum V3i.  Can you help me out?

19 hours ago, MHB said:

I am tryin to find out how to reset the password when its been forgotten (it is still set at the default password that appeared during the initial registration).  The White's factory has gone out of business.  I have been in touch with Garrett's and the White's authorized repair centers.  They are currently researching it for me.   In one of the interim responses I received from on repair center, they indicated that it was based on the serial number, but they haven't come up with a definitive answer yet.  It sounds like you have some "inside" information about the White's Spectrum V3i.  Can you help me out?

Hello MHB.

When White's Oregon was still active they run a forum and that was a question I remember. Steve Howard, one of the leading heads and a very helpful person, said that both serials are needed to generate the code at the plant. One is the printed serial at the compartment-door, and the other is the one stored digital in the memory of the detector which wil be shown on the screen. Hopefully Carl (Geotech) can jump in, bringing some light into this.

- But all this has nothing to do with the detectors performance. You may use it to your likes with full power.

Happy Hunting.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, locator said:

Hello MHB.

When White's Oregon was still active they run a forum and that was a question I remember. Steve Howard, one of the leading heads and a very helpful person, said that both serials are needed to generate the code at the plant. One is the printed serial at the compartment-door, and the other is the one stored digital in the memory of the detector which wil be shown on the screen. Hopefully Carl (Geotech) can jump in, bringing some light into this.

- But all this has nothing to do with the detectors performance. You may use it to your likes with full power.

Happy Hunting.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@ Steve, et al

Thanks for all the White's info! I have a V3(never upgraded to the "i"). The link you posted in 2017 for "White's V3i Advanced Posts 'Book' " is broken. Can you re-post or direct me where I can recover same?

TIA!

https://www.detectorprospector.com/files/file/33-whites-spectra-v3i-advanced-user-guide/

.....to download this advanced manual, use the "download this file"  the  window marked in blue...👍

• Like 1

Thx, El Nino77,

This was not the same as the User's Guide. I'm guessing it was a link to posts regarding user individual threads on the same topic. It also listed the Adv. guide you linked to, and which I have. But no probs! I do thank you for trying to help. Most of the "advanced" threads on this forum re: V3(i) seem to be loosely about Ground Filters. I copied those for study so I guess I'm good.

BTW, my Great-Grandfather came from Bratislava area (peasants) at age 14(!) about 1880's to Pennsylvania Coal Mines. So I know you are of good stock!

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 3:19 PM, MHB said:

White's had a program whereby you enter the serial numbers and it spits out an override password. Either Garrett has it, or no one has it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just as a follow up to the hidden menus, are we still keeping this a secret even though Whites is no longer in business and the V machines are in all likelihood out of production forever? (Worth a shot 😉

13 minutes ago, ☠ Cipher said:

Just as a follow up to the hidden menus, are we still keeping this a secret even though Whites is no longer in business and the V machines are in all likelihood out of production forever? (Worth a shot 😉

?? Hidden menues? What are you talking about, Cipher!?😲

7 hours ago, locator said:

?? Hidden menues? What are you talking about, Cipher!?😲

There are more hidden menus with hidden settings besides the factory reset and calibration. It’s a big mystery as to what they contain and how to access them. I’ve played around with some button combinations and long presses etc., but haven’t stumbled into it so far. At that time I had 3 units. Now I’m down to one and less keen on wearing out buttons or potentially getting it into the weeds. I’m looking for a spare though, especially now that Whites is out, and I’ll get back to experimenting. 

It’s funny to think that with all the unprecedented access to parameters whites gave us in the V3, there’s even more locked away in hidden menus. Of course, I think every machine has something like this, meant just for engineers and those servicing the units. Even the Minelab FBS machines had a hidden spectrograph. We know how to access that though I believe. It just sounded to my ear like there might have been some additional functionality that could be accessed with the V3.