White's V3i And Vx3 Factory Master Reset

16 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

There are more hidden menus with hidden settings besides the factory reset and calibration. It’s a big mystery as to what they contain and how to access them. I’ve played around with some button combinations and long presses etc., but haven’t stumbled into it so far. At that time I had 3 units. Now I’m down to one and less keen on wearing out buttons or potentially getting it into the weeds. I’m looking for a spare though, especially now that Whites is out, and I’ll get back to experimenting. 

It’s funny to think that with all the unprecedented access to parameters whites gave us in the V3, there’s even more locked away in hidden menus. Of course, I think every machine has something like this, meant just for engineers and those servicing the units. Even the Minelab FBS machines had a hidden spectrograph. We know how to access that though I believe. It just sounded to my ear like there might have been some additional functionality that could be accessed with the V3. 

Oh, ok. Thanks for the info, Cypher.👍

22 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I’ve played around with some button combinations and long presses etc., but haven’t stumbled into it so far.

I could tell you how to do it but it's Top Secret.

If you can't tell me directly, contact Centreville Electronics.  According to Garrett metal detectors (who now owns the rights to White's), Centreville Electronics is handling White's parts, repair, etc.

Send the information to:  centrevilleelectronicsnw@gmail.com Attention Todd Marshall.

34 minutes ago, Geotech said:

could tell you how to do it but it's Top Secret.

I can keep a secret. How do I get Top Secret Clearance 😁? Any other machine, and I probably wouldn’t give it much of a thought, but my V3i is the centerpiece of my collection. Now that Whites is gone I’m treating it more like you would a classic car in some respects. Its fun to try to find a way in, but it kills me that it has functions I may never know about. 

• Like 1

@GeotechInstructions for creating new programs are in the user manual.  It's not really top secret.

@cathexisI don't have a store/service.  I am an end user.  I have contacted Garrett who directed me to Centreville Electronics to get answers and support for the V3i.  Centreville Electronics "had" the database with the information I am looking for.  However, the database isn't working.  They have a programmer trying to find a solution.  I figured I'd post here to see if someone out there has the answer.

4 hours ago, MHB said:

@GeotechInstructions for creating new programs are in the user manual.  It's not really top secret.

I know how to create new programs, but you are correct. It's not top secret, it's Top Secret. Shhhh, don't tell anyone!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yea.  But the the original question is:  Does anyone know how to reset the password?

I bought a V3i used (great deal), but the original owner never wrote down the password when he entered is registration information.  Everything works fine, but I would like to enter my information.

55 minutes ago, MHB said:

Yea.  But the the original question is:  Does anyone know how to reset the password?

I bought a V3i used (great deal), but the original owner never wrote down the password when he entered is registration information.  Everything works fine, but I would like to enter my information.

I’ve been looking in my free time today for you and haven’t found a workaround or alternate method other than the computer program described. It looks like all you can do is hope that Centerville gets it up and running. Do you have any contact with the previous owner? Memory is a funny thing. One day it might be out of reach, other days it comes right back to you.