Rock Crushers

madtuna

Hi Folks,

this is probably more aimed at the Aussies here on the forum Just wondering if anyone is using or has an experience with the Armstrong industries (perth WA) GRB 777 Mini impact crusher?

If so, how'd you rate it?

Link : http://www.armstrongindustries.com.au/grb-777-mini

Cheers,

Steve

• Like 1

I have both the mini and the big petrol crushers from the Armstrongs and have been very happy with them.

I did burn the electric motor out a couple of years ago from a mistake of my own.  From the generator running out of fuel shut it down with material still inside, I meant to clean it out the next morning.  Next morning fired the generator up, hadnt cleaned it out or turned the switch off and it burnt out.

Since then I have put about 4 ton through it, mostly cap and quartz specis.  I am still on the first set of impactor bars but they do need replacing.

Big material needs to be dollied down to about the size of an aussie 50c.  And must be bone dry.  Often cap has small amounts of moisture in it, we spread it out on tarps in the backyard for a few days to make sure its super dry.

Single pass is the best thing I like about it, most other small impact crushers I have used require you to feed it through several times which is a pain.  

I got the 0.8mm screen as well as the standard 1.2mm.  I rarely use the 0.8mm as the 1.2 does good enough for me and means you can feed it a lot quicker.

I orginally got it to fit in my caravan because of its small size to sample in the bush.  Now it sits on my workshop bench as a great 5 sec speci smasher.

• Like 3

Thanks Trent for the detailed reply. I'd love the big unit but portability and weight is a concern as I'm by myself.

I've got a Keen petrol one but it's in bad shape and needs a new motor, plus as you said, multiple passes are needed.

The little Armstrong seems the go.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hi madtuna, we have a mini on the way over from WA now on Trent's recommendation. Sounds the goods for processing small lumps in town. Out bush on site, would probably go a larger size..

• Like 2

Thanks BG. yeah I'd love a bigger unit but portability and weight is a concern. I have about probably 200kg to process plus assorted tubs of the remains of specimens where I've got the bulk out already and just stowed the rest.

My dolly pot is on the way out and my Keen crusher needs a new motor plus probably a rebuild.

here's a Great bit of Good info Madtuna and others Enjoy!Cheers, Ig

18 hours ago, madtuna said:

Thanks BG. yeah I'd love a bigger unit but portability and weight is a concern. I have about probably 200kg to process plus assorted tubs of the remains of specimens where I've got the bulk out already and just stowed the rest.

My dolly pot is on the way out and my Keen crusher needs a new motor plus probably a rebuild.

Yeah mate I agree the certainly are not light,but better than hours with a dolly.

MadTuna

On 2/27/2017 at 0:53 AM, madtuna said:

Thanks Trent for the detailed reply. I'd love the big unit but portability and weight is a concern as I'm by myself.

I've got a Keen petrol one but it's in bad shape and needs a new motor, plus as you said, multiple passes are needed.

The little Armstrong seems the go.

Cheers!

A few years ago you could get a Hand Lever jaw crusher...."Crazy Crusher". Ive got One!

It has a fitting to mount to a truck or atv receiver hitch!

Ok I just found the link! http://www.crazycrusher.com/

Cheers, Ig

• Like 1