Big Price Drop On Fisher F75 Ltd

Fisher just dropped the price of the F75 Ltd (also known as the Special Edition) from $1099 to $799. This is the most deluxe version of the F75 that comes with two coils, the 11" x 7" DD and 5" round DD. The F75 was an offshoot of the Teknetics T2, which although intended for coin and relic detecting, became a bestseller in Africa for gold nugget detecting. The F75 is every bit as capable and I found quite a bit of gold with mine. The Gold Bug Pro is the better choice for most people, at a lower price and with a bit more hots for gold, but for those wanting a top of the line do-it-all machine the F75 Ltd has been Fishers answer for many years now. I always appreciated the T2/F75 ergonomics, which as far as I am concerned still set the standard for what feels best on my arm. The F75 weighs more than a DEUS, but shows just how important proper balance is.

fisher-f75-ltd-special-edition-metal-detector.jpg

The question of course is - why a $300 price drop? Fisher did drop the price of the base F75 some time ago to $599 and left the F75 way up there, so it may have been too much differential, hurting Ltd sales. There are the persistent rumors of new Fiser models in the pipeline, and this may be a clear the decks thing.

I tend to think the previous price drops in the base T2 and F75 were a response to aggressively priced models from Nokta and Makro. That this price decrease comes immediately on the heels of the introduction of the Nokta Impact at $849 does not seem to be a coincidence to me. That may be the case, but inside I am hoping it is more a sign of new models to come.

Regardless, killer price for a great detector package! I have been thinking for a couple years that with competition heating up we would start seeing prices finally come down. When I look at the T2 in particular I am amazed at how much detector we can get now for only $499. Probably the best bargain in detectors right now.

Now if Fisher would just drop the price of the Fisher F19. I like that machine but at $699 the price is nuts now compared to the other models.

• Like 3

I hope they are clearing inventory for a new model but you would think the new company's are digging in to their market share.  The used detector market seems flooded too which I'm sure affects them.

As for the T2 Classic , I just bought one and was a little take back by it. I love the simplicity of it. I have not had a chance to hunt with it because of snow but just playing around in the house with it I can tell it's going to be good.  One button, one dial and a trigger combined with speed and depth.. At $499 it feels like a steal and they can be had for just over $400 if you shop around.   The more serious I get about detecting the less I depend on screens. I crave depth, speed and audio..

Bryan

• Like 4

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Clearing inventory or creating a spot price wise to sell their new release??

I hope they have one,,a good one.

Other manufacturers too.

Big drop in price on both the F-75 Ltd and the CZ-21 and you know companies just don't do that very often.The CZ 20 / 21 unit has been around for years.My old CZ-20 was from the late 1990s and was a fine water detector.Maybe they're making some warehouse room for a brand new detector for 2017.