Would You Still Be Detecting For Gold If The Price Was Under $300 Per Ounce?

Haven't sold any yet. I see it as a good solid investment. Will sell when the price is right or the need is high but will still try to stockpile more gram by gram!

• Like 2

Yeah I have always loved the bush and being out there, chasing gold just adds to that.  It can be lucrative and that is a bonus but having a small business and a young family, a day in the bush wondering about with no mobile phone is very good for the mind and soul.

• Like 3

My answer is yes, as I have said "Gold Prospecting is in my Blood" so no matter how low the price drops I'll be still out there.    :smile:   If I do need to sell any of our hard earned gold so be it.  

As others have said the friends that you make while you're out there are golden, also the peaceful sarounds I would miss as well.   

Cheers. 

Mike.  

very fortunate that it costs me nothing to go prospecting so if the priced dropped its guts I'd still be in front.

• Like 1

It was $35 a ounce (or $35 for 31.1etc  grams) when I started in1959 so I don't have any intentions of quiting now. I may have to slow down tho.

• Like 1

The search is what fascinates, I love looking for things.  As I start a day of hunting I always say 'this is the best it can get, anything is possible." The worst thing that happens while detecting is you have a great time outdoors. I have dredged or detected for gold since 1977, it has never been about money. The experiences and the people I have met have made it one of my favorite things to do.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:48 AM, klunker said:

And Sour Dough Scott would have to teach me fly fishing.

Crikey, KL my mind boggles...........I can nearly picture a excavator rigged for fly fishing....the comfort of a heated cabin...way to go

• Like 2