Designing A Bullet Sucker. Need Some Ideas........

Don't worry about the gold half dollars! I grantee you won't need a suction dredge to get those out, LOL.

I like the shop vac hose idea!  I can easily get that in 2 inch.  Plus as stated there are adapters already made. I would have to make some type of rigid arm to hold the hose. Maybe 1 inch PVC?

Two issues with vac hose. 1. cant see though to see plugs. 2. make sure the inside of the hose is smooth.

If you want to use vacuum parts...........here you go! http://www.ruwac.com/accessories

• 2 weeks later...

Have you settled on a design yet?

I have some fittings in hand for a mock up.  I have yet to buy the pump as I'm undecided on how to tote the battery around?  I first though a light weight li-ion battery in a back pack?  But the cost is too high.  I then thought a sealed lead lawn mower battery?  Those are about 24 to 30 amp/hour and 25 pounds. I think too heavy for a backpack?  So now I think I'll float the battery and use that to suspend and support the collection box?  Also if I float a battery it might as well be a larger marine battery that will run the machine a long time? So now my thoughts are on the power supply.....  I don't want to depend on a Kayak or Boat to bear the weight of the battery either.  I'm open to suggestions...............................................................................Oh the pump is 12 volts and rated at 15 amps. 

You can make floats from PVC pipe and fitting. Cheap and easy.

Use deep cycle batteries. They are designed to be discharged many times.

FYI - You can use two 6 volt batteries in series to make 12 volt.

How much PSI - GPH dose your pump have?

• 4 weeks later...

I found this on the internet several years back and it is good for cleaning bedrock and will moving smaller quantities of materials.  The inventor was even nice enough to call me and talk about his invention.  One of the coolest things is the design of his "venturi".  Much more efficient that the brass 3/4 inch dredge nozzle they sell.  The other cool thing is you can remove the bilge pump and supersize it if you wanted to have more suction or even hook it up to a small gas powered pump.  The "sluice box" really catches fine gold too but it is designed to work with the smaller pump.  If you supersize the pump you blow gold out the back. You could however hook it up to dump into a bucket for later separation.

http://www.goldsnare.com/

I have the original model.....many ideas for home inventions....