Designing A Bullet Sucker. Need Some Ideas........

I would have the wand in sections so I can add or remove enough to keep it all under water.  The shallow bullets can be grabed by hand mostly except for the ones stuck deep in a crack.  I'm after bullets too deep for most detectorists.  I just wonder if it will have enough power to bring a .69 of from the depths?  I was thinking about using a 1-1/4 wand with the end contoured inward to 1 inch.  Is that enough difference in size as not to plug often with rocks?  Should I bump to a 1-1/2 inch wand with a 1 or 1-1/4 inch entrance?  Do you think it would be better to run one 4000 gph pump or have dual 2000 gph pumps feeding the jet from opposing sides?

It will work! The question is will it preform to your expectations.

All depends on the pump and lift and size of bullet. Nobody will ever be able to give you a firm answer. At some point you just have to give it a go. You are "taking a bullet" for the team!?

Don't skimp on the pump. That would be the biggest reason for failure.

If you make your wand sectional use a good pvc tape to seal the joints!

I would use a sixe hose that will fit common shop vac nozzles, I can see a crevis tool being a good idea for the cracks.

I think two pumps is a good idea. You don't have to turn on the second if its not needed. For that matte you can add it later if needed. Those are expensive pumps 100-200 each.

As far as plug ups, you are going to have em! You are basically long arm dredging and when I'm doing that verse diving my plug up are 10000% more.

One idea for that may be to add a ball valve to your nozzle IE shut it off, break the suction. rock dislodges.

Let's talk about hose, and nozzle size?  I would think there must be a good ratio of nozzle inlet to pipe size to reduce clogs?  My target size is bullets.  Here is a .69 and a smashed canister ball.  These would be about the biggest lead pieces I'll suck.  Now it's got me thinking about coins!!  Yikes! Should I make the nozzle big enough for a Half?  I haven't found a half in the water though...... I first though this was going to be a simple project - now it's grown bigger than expected!

20170305_183343[1].jpg