How timely!

It's been very dry here the last week for late winter/early spring.

Yesterday I took my family to a nice older park in a local suburb so the kids could play. I sometimes come here to hunt by myself too. Eventually when I got my detector out and was doing my thing around the water feature/ spray-ground, I came across a zinc penny signal. When I went to pop the very shallow coin (practically on the surface) through the thatch with my screwdriver I popped out an entire 6 inch wide irregular shaped shallow plug. I was surprised! Calling it a plug is generous, it was simply destruction of sod. I went on to recover can slaw and bottlecaps again and again from every single f-ing dig that some jack-off left all around this sprayground area. You can't hardly see them now because the grass is all dormant, but come spring....those plugs are gone- cut right off at the roots just below the surface. I tamped them down hoping they will stay but come mower season it's going to be ugly. At least I took all the trash from the holes I found so perhaps there will be no association made.

I literally want to strangle someone after I beat them down with their machine. Then I will simply cover the body with shallow cut sod. Pisses me off greatly!

Man, I'm now getting upset again....lol.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, fredmason said:

Oh, I don't know, Whitebutler;

public flogging seems to be effective...

at the least they should get the spanking that never happened when they were young...

now where is that belt?

fred

I have a cinch strap that works well. 

John

That is absolutely not acceptable.

Not that just have moral duty but tour operators as a business have duty of care.

It so so hard in group of 10-20 to take and dispose that type of rubbish after the party is over.

If there was a room in a cars to take all that packages full sure it is to take them home empty.

i love this hobby and i love nature and all creature created to be there.They all have a role to play and they were put there for a reason.

These people dont love noone.I wish they get fined and made go back to clean up their mess.

Very disappointing.

GoldEN

• Like 1

I wont name and shame them, but if it happened again I would.

Tour operator was made to drive back about 500klms or so to clean it up.

• Like 3

Gotta say the stupidest excuse I ever heard for not filling your holes is "I leave the hole open so that seeds will collect and water will stay there.  It helps the environment."  That was out bush in 2006.

I fill my holes, and a lot of others.  Only one reason I leave a hole open and thats to come back the next day with my hand jack and a chisel.   Like others have said, I also look for the holes, so why tell me about your patch unless you want me to clean it out.  I know when I go back to my patches I have to know where they are because I cant tell I was ever there.  As to camps.... only way you'll know I was there is by the fire wood left stacked nearby.

Our Central Goldfield Branch of the PMAV (Prospectors & Miners Association of Victoria) have a thing each year called "Clean Up Your Parks Day". We work hand in hand with our local Park Ranger cleaning up an pre-designated area of our local Bush land, of rubbish left behind or dumped in the bush by others. Last year we removed over 4 tons of rubbish in one day. A few on here have been involved in this great event each year. "They do a great job". Most areas that we do are areas that we also can prospect. So it is a win, win on both sides. This also keeps us on the right side of Parks Victoria and their Rangers. Parks also puts on a BBQ for us after the clean up.

wombat :wink: 

• Like 2