Selectable Frequency And Multiple Frequency

When I was thinking of the cover, there was no doubt I wanted a detector wide open on the bench with all the guts exposed, and all that crap laying around it. The question was, which detector? I decided on the Red Baron because it represented such an enormous shift in hobby detectors. In the background, there is also a Tesoro (modified Bandido), White's (XL-Pro), and Minelab (Sovereign), plus a couple of home-brews.

BTW, that was my real work bench at White's, and that's how it usually looked. Or worse.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Thanks for your great, thorough article, Steve.  Really filled in a lot of gaps in my history files.   This kind of theory is important to know so that people don't expect too much from any single platform.   They all do different things well.  Lets hope you are right about the 
do all" models to come.  cjc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cjc said:

Second, making one coil run perfectly at all frequencies is extremely difficult, again giving the dedicated machine an edge.

Hmmmm...

Perhaps this is why Minelab doesn't want third party companies making coils for Multi-IQ machines? The primary issue is keeping others from knowing Minelab's secrets of a coil that can handle multiple frequencies very well, as opposed to limiting competition or increasing sales of Minelab coils.

• 4 weeks later...