How And Why I Review Metal Detectors

On 5/28/2019 at 7:34 PM, steveg said:

Steve,

I'm really sorry you had to endure that garbage.  You are a great guy -- and it's really sad that some seem to enjoy slandering and taking pot shots at others, about whom they know very little, if anything.

Thanks for what you do, and for making this forum available for us.

Steve

I am a big boy and have endured far worse in my life. This is nothing, nothing at all really except this. I am not all that great - just a guy, but I really am just a big kid at heart. I like playing with toys and having fun. These people take the fun out of it and the problem actually is the opposite of what they think. I am not in it for the money. If I was I would simply deal with it just like I dealt with all that other far worse stuff. No, it was for fun and truly for pats on the head. It feels nice to help people and simply get thanked for it. Anyway, water under the bridge. Many thanks to you in return Steve, especially for your continuing great Equinox posts.

• Like 4

Steve, all I can say is DITTO. The target on the back scenario is a tiresome thing. In my case my main motivator over the years has always been from remembering what it was like when I was inexperienced and hungry for information. Don’t get me wrong the old ego loves a good petting and it sure does feel good when you can help in some small way or correct a misunderstanding, but the constant misinformation and supposed expertism wear you down.

I too crave solace in anonymity and want to get back to the fun factor, I find it interesting after reading my comments to you from 5 years ago how we both seem to have come to a very similar conclusion. I made a New Years resolution to try and post more on your forum and have done so but in my many attempts at correcting what I often feel is “Fake News” I find myself constantly having to defend myself and my ethics. It seems packing what I write with useful and factual information is not what people want especially if it goes against the popular consensus, science and the truth of a matter no longer seem to count if it doesn’t fit in with ‘WANT’. BTW I fully accept and own my part in the reactions I tend to generate from others, it takes more than one to tango. :laugh:

Bravo Steve for stepping into a ‘Brave New World’, its nice to know your still going to be around having fun.

JP

• Like 4

Hello JP and yes, you have taken plenty of hits over the years. You went way out of your way to help this GP newbie ages ago and I owe it to you for helping me get up to speed much faster. I’ll never match you for technical knowledge but you have done your best to try and educate me! I don’t have many friends but you have always been one to me so thank you.

I’m not going anywhere. I am here at least every day on the forum and that can’t change. Labor of love here and I do get to drop the hammer on a troll now and then, so a bit cathartic! :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1