In Search Of Forrest Fenn's Treasure

5 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

No disrespect or lack of empathy meant to the families in the following:

You could say the same thing about half of us here, me in particular with some of the stuff I have done. I could have died in a fall, or gold dredging alone, or eaten by a bear, or in a plane crash into a remote area, or drowned in the surf in Hawaii. I'd rather die engaged in adventure than at home in an easy chair dreaming of it. "They died doing what they chose to do." That would look good on any gravestone.

He said they were not in a dangerous  area but easy to get to.

7 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I'd rather die engaged in adventure than at home in an easy chair dreaming of it. "They died doing what they chose to do." That would look good on any gravestone.

That's the way I look at it, at least I have a lot great memories to look back on now and in later years.👍

Steve  I too have put my life on the line doing what I want more times than one and I do it over again. I don’t let anyone dictate to me how I’m going to live my life and never have.

My family I hope will be sad if I get killed.. They don’t care you were doing what you want but just your not here with them anymore.

That’s all I was saying and nothing more.

Chuck 

• Like 1

Chase  

I miss his post on the treasure found and it wouldn’t been a repeat had I known that.

Thanks Steve I’ll give that a try next time I want something known.

Chuck 

• Like 1

They showed pictures of the treasure on my local news this morning. A gold colored chest with what looked like a really nice gold nugget on top of a bunch of gold coins.

I think I remember seeing a picture but I could be wrong...might have been some staged picture a few years ago. I never really followed it much

strick

• 3 weeks later...

During my deep research of the Civil War action  in Georgia, the many stories of lost or stolen confederate payroll wagons pop up often. Interesting to read, but almost always you never hear tell of anyone finding a single silver or gold dollar of such shipments. So basically I Then there are the many stories about the buried or hidden gold from the Indian tribes located in North Georgia. Hidden before they were forcibly moved out of the state to Ok. Again, not actual stories of anyone finding these hidden caches.

The only story I believe is one from a retired Georgia State geologist who personally told me he personally saw this gold. A canadian came to north Georgia in the 70's and hit a pot hole in the Etowah or Chestatee River (cannot remember which) with his dredge. He recovered enough gold to cover a single bed from pillow to foot area. He saw the gold spread out on the bed. The guy went back to Canada the next day. Who could blame him to scram before the word got out. Just imagine what that would have been worth.

• 3 weeks later...