14x9 Elite Coiltek?

I have found tons of good info on the 14" round but have found none on the 14x9 elliptical. Anyone swinging this? The 14 round sounds amazing, its just  the elliptical fits my detecting better. Steep narrow gullies. 

Buy it! You cant go wrong w. any of the New Coils! :cool:

• Like 1

My 14x9 Evo coil is very hot on even down to 2 grain nuggets to a depth of a couple inches, I don't think you would go wrong with either brand Elite or Evo in a 14x9, they are both hot coils. I also have the 14" round elite and very happy with it for my "large" coil. I draw the line at 14" round for my largest coil, its heavy but effective.

Never personally used it but used other evo and elite coils.

You cant go wrong with them.

Name tells you BUY ME.:biggrin:

Good luck with it.

GoldEN

G'day All,

my son in law was lent one from Coiltek in Maryborough Vic (Assie) for the W/E. He found some nice nuggies and he was surprised by the depth he was getting some targets with it also. He was using it with his GPX5000 and said it ran very stable on his 5000.   

Cheers. 

Mike. 

Sounds like an excellent coil.At the moment we are using 2 x 14" elites and the 14"x9"Evo.These are our favourites of the range of flat wounds.We also had the 11"Eite.Durability wise I would go for the 14"x9"Evo,this coil is proving to be very robust and finding gold regularly.We did have to buy a heavy duty skid plate for it though as they wear quicky unlike the Elites.

• Like 1

My biggest sellers of late have been the 14x9" Evo, 15" Evo and 11" Detech. Don't know why but the 4500 owners (particularly the older 4500s) seem to be favouring the 11" Detech, but the 5000 guys like the 14x9" Evo. 

To sort of answer the original post, the 14x9" Evo was released first, so a lot of people pounced on that and had one when the Coiltek came out. So that may be why info is thin on the ground. I'm sure it's a good coil.