The Prospector Harness

A prospecting supply company in  Australia is selling what looks like a nice  harness made for the GPZ 7000 and 19" coil, has anyone heard any good stories on this harness?

Pics of New Harness

Dave

• Like 1

That's funny--- I was just talking of using an old Bowflex spar in a similar manner--

I think i would rather use the carbon fiber than the SS.

Another thing is the weather may make it unbearable when it is hot out....

It is close to the idea i was thinking of--- but no SS and the hipstick I am so used to is missing.

I hope they do well with it...

I have to build a new one since mine was stolen...grrr..

• Like 2

I have been looking for a harness for a while for my CTX(1 session so far) and my Deepstar (not tested yet )Chest mounted i found the LOWEPRO :

https://www.parkcameras.com/p/9360560H/straps/lowepro/sf-technical-harness-black?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=pricecomp&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=Cj0KEQjwhpnGBRDKpY-My9rdutABEiQAWNcslP1y1qrz_LSuLvYr5F_0WtD_mOLdxAD0HT8-P3D0-hUaAoXM8P8HAQ

I Bought because i can see the CTX is pretty heavy to move i bought the top part brand new and the lower part 2nd hand but cheap and like new  found a bungee on my way to work cut the bungee to the right size and use the adjustable straps from the harness to secure the machine.i tested it 3h30 without problem......jus my 2 cents but once i found more gold i will think about other system......

RR

• Like 2

I visited a mate in Bunbury recently, he had one and I tried it coupled to the Zed with the 19" coil but only for a few minutes. I was impressed enough to leave $365 with him, the Prospectors Pick being closed at the time.

My first trip out will be mid April for about a month, I'll give a rundown on it when I return.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 3/12/2017 at 8:52 PM, DolanDave said:

A prospecting supply company in  Australia is selling what looks like a nice  harness made for the GPZ 7000 and 19" coil, has anyone heard any good stories on this harness?

Pics of New Harness

Dave

Hey Dave,

Sorry I just saw this post.  I actually have been field testing this unit.  It is a help but it has a tendency to want to slip off of your shoulder.  I think a strap that attached to the unit in the back, then went under your left arm and attached to it in the front would keep it from slipping off the shoulder.

The other thing I have noticed is a lot of the comfort comes from making sure you get it adjusted properly.  You have to keep the support high enough to keep it off of your shoulder, otherwise it just transfers the weight to your shoulder.

The owner and I get on very well because we both like to invent things.  He is very innovative with his designs.

Doc

• Like 2