Drop Everything And Go To California - The Media Says So

I've had two different media outlets contact me for interviews about the "new gold rush to California!"

I passed. I could have told them about how natural erosion works does add some gold to the rivers, but I could tell they wanted to sensationalize it into something bigger than it is. Gold is are everywhere! Bring a bucket to fill with all these nuggets!

With this statement

"I am sure there are a few new sunbakers sitting around here and there, but not many. I do agree that the best prospecting will come in the summer months when the water levels go down and some good gold will be found "

If they printed that, all of us Ozzies  prospectors will be over there to miss our winter months   :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, IDdesertman said:

I've had two different media outlets contact me for interviews about the "new gold rush to California!" I passed. I could have told them about how natural erosion works does add some gold to the rivers, but I could tell they wanted to sensationalize it into something bigger than it is

Exactly what I would recommend. There has always been some sensationalism in the news, but it just seems like they have thrown news and factual reporting into the dumpster for nothing but sensationalism and hype.

There will be some good gold found and I expect I will do a good amount of sniping and that I will use my SDC fully underwater in a way that I've not used it yet, but I don't expect to see nuggets lying all over the ground everywhere.

I think is time to visit my uncle in Sacramento.:biggrin:

Mind you he has a house on Sacramento river.

Last time i visited was few years back and i was not into detecting hobby at all.( been there 4 times so far ).

I spend hours and hours catching catfish from his speed boat in front of the house and skiing my legs out.

Who would have thought i was probably in the best area to look around and see historical part of California gold rush.

Well i know what i will be doing next visit.

Good luck and hope you get few nice ones in "new goldfileds"

GoldEN

• Like 1

If gold is now layin around after all this non el nino winter rains. then I need to find some of that gold grease they sold during the  original rush. they advertised it that all you had to do was smear it all over ones self and roll down any hill in California and gold would stick to the gold grease. then you just pluck it off your clothes. sounds easier then doing all this metal detecting. 

• Like 3

Still sounds exciting ? So let's say I knew someone who wanted to come try some California prospecting around that area, what's the best way to make sure he doesnt end up on claims, BLM off-limit areas, private property, etc, but still find some gold? Anybody making trips down there in May?