Oroville dam Update! At 18:40 he shows ya his "goldpan"! :biggrin: Cheers,Ig

• Like 6

Pretty interesting to see them relying on the scoured out ridge as their solution to being able to operate the dam. One can only imagine the gigantic sum that will be needed for repairs. I wonder if they are contemplating leaving it this way. Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

Lots of rumors floating around (no pun intended) but one thing I know for sure is that being a fine upstanding citizen of California I will be politely asked to to help pay for the Department of Water Resources' little goof. The only way I can possibly do that is to spend more time gold mining. Did you notice the strike and dip changes indicating a fault diagonally across where the spillway failed?

• Like 1

Update 3/21 Cheers, Ig

I have second hand info from a truck driver hauling debris out that a 13 oz nugget was found just below the bottom edge of the concrete.  Also, that a quartz and gold vein was uncovered during blasting for repairs.  The area was promptly cleared and the vein cemented over.  No official is saying anything about gold being found but many employees have been fired for no apparent reason.  Again, rumors only since no one is willing to come forward and risk prosecution.

• Like 1

DiggerBob that's crazy! Update! Today, Cheers, Ig

• Like 1

update tonite. cheers,Ig

Sourdough" move to higher Ground! :laugh: Ig

Update today:

4/04/17 Today Update! :smile: Ig