Erlistoun Station - Laverton, Western Australia

No probs Dave,

Will also add, bring your boat. Close on 20 inches of rain this year so far with over 3 inches in the last 3 days.

Mozzies and March flies are out in force due to the rain. Had a March fly the size of a small aircraft bite me on the leg last week and if you run your hand up my leg it feel like reading a novel in Braille. I went and saw Doctor Google and he said I have "Hives" which is apparently a common result of March fly bites.

Snakes are out in big numbers too, due to all the frogs due to all the rain

• Like 2

Went for a spin in a chopper last week and it's looking green and we have water in the lakes that will see us through to Dec/Jan

8FyAYJH.jpg

Vuzo5pG.jpg

This is ground level...not bad for the desert

MGcsXtY.jpg

mLUe35N.jpg

• Like 8

Hej Steve

Where are the cows?

Ops gold????????

Nice photos.Looks great.

Have fun and stay safe.

GoldEN

• Like 1

Hi Enio,

very hard to spot cattle at a water point now, no need as there is so much ground water about and the things would rather drink out of a creek or puddle.

As for the gold, yep have a couple of good spots I just can't get to at the moment and a couple I am walking a klm+ in to so I don't leave tracks to follow.

Just hoping I can get to them before the season starts and the masses get here.

• Like 1

For those heading West (Western Australia) , Leonora has just had another 84mm of rain since yesterday and it's still coming, add that to the approx. 90mm for the last few days and you start to get the picture of "Bring your Boat " Usual camping spots at Malcolm Dam are several feet or more under water.  Water is way past the camping/tree line around the dam,  Unreal.
Dare say your country got another heap of rain last night Madtuna ?
Cheers
Ashley
  • Like 1

Spot on Ash, yep 125mm (5 inches) in the last few days. I think we average about 200mm a year and we are now over 600 since mid January.

Bugger the boat, Monday I'm going to town via helicopter:smile:

• Like 3

For those that know Malcolm Dam, Leonora where we are currently perched on the high ground, Pretty much 8" of rain .

First pic of Malcolm Dam flooded on Friday

2nd Pic of Malcolm Dam over flooded on Saturday., (Couldn't get the same angle shot without getting extremely wet)

Cheers

Ashley

Malcolm Dam Friday .JPG

Malcolm Dam Saturday 2.JPG

• Like 5

Erlistoun Station is isolated though I did manage to get into town today with water coming up through the floor in 2 places. I was going in tomorrow in a chopper and still will but as it was a hospital visit I just couldn't wait any longer.

Banya road is just out of the question for anyone heading North,

Laverton is cut off in both directions, with the road apparently gone in a couple of places on the Leonora / Laverton road, it may reopen tomorrow or Tuesday.

Going off road at the moment for bush camping or even to your favourite detecting spot is probably not a real smart idea

• Like 3