Six months ago my scoop detached unnoticed from my belt on thick bushes whilst detecting . Every time I go passed these particular diggings I drop in for a quick search with no luck . Now your thinking so what !!!! plenty of scoops out there , but no this was a special one that I loved . It was made in USA and I bought it online . I know it was made privately and was issued to stores until stock ran out . Description as follows . It had 3 initials in upper case on handle . (can't remember) The handle was flat to the scoop area which prevented pellets rolling into the usual small gap jamming pellets . Sides slightly angled not round and it had 4 riffles at toe of scoop . Nothing in Australia like this . Pretty sure this chap stopped making , hoping someone else has commenced . Any clues or comments would be appreciated . Very trivial request but just bugging me and my SDC misses it .

Cheers

goldrat

Yeah, that's my favorite scoop...

IMG_0835.JPG

• Like 1

Perhaps it was the GRG scoop?

IMG_0733.JPG.e402e37bebeb01821747202ba36e9a92.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for your suggestion Nugglorious that was close until Lunk hit the jackpot .Thanks Lunk that's the one . You're not a bad detective considering my description . Now all I have to do is go through all the metal detector shops and hope someone has a spare or advertise for a second hand one .

Cheers

gold rat

• Like 1

Thanks GoldEn , will contact them and see if they have any in stock . The reason I like this scoop it is easy to put small amounts of dirt in when you are finding 0.01 to 0.015 gram nugglets . Too much dirt sometimes and you don't get a reading and you are back in the hole starting again . A lot of prospectors laugh at me wasting my time , but at the smallest 0.01 grams every month they all add to the weight with the bigger bits . I set myself a target of 5 grams per month for approx 6 outings @ 5 hours . I love the SDC .

Cheers

gold rat

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yeah, that's my favorite scoop...

IMG_0835.JPG

My favorite too

Also try Promack Treasure Hunting as they carry the GRG scoop, which was associated with the Trinity gold pan. The have the panning kit on sale and possibly have the scoops still as a separate item. They do appear to be out of manufacture.

• Like 1

Thanks Steve ,

Have emailed Dan @ Promack Treasure Hunting awaiting a reply in the future . Noticed you were on web 1 hour ago , for my knowledge what day and time is it over there now . I am sending this on Monday 8.46 pm .

Cheers

Peter