Tesoro Mojave For Nugget Detecting

Hey Chuck,

Funny you mentioned the Tesoro Mojave.  A guy called me about 2 months ago looking for one of these units.  He said he uses it for gold prospecting in Western Australia of all places.  He said the Tesoro brand is very difficult to get over there and he went through several of these units, looking for another one.  Why he was using this unit for nugget shooting is another questions, but sounded like he was finding gold and was happy with it.  

On another note about Tesoro, I sure wish they had they a good Tesoro that would run against at least the entry level PI's on the market today.  I honestly believe Tesoro has some of the best customer service in the World.  They also have a lifetime warranty on all their metal detectors. 

I remember in the late 90's I had an original Tesoro Lobo go down.  I called Tesoro and they said bring it up today.  The guy said if I drove it up, he would look at it and repair while I waited.  During this visit to the Prescott facility I had the unit worked on, fixed and tuned up in just a few hours and during that time they toured me around the office and warehouse.  Some of the most friendliest people I have ever met.  I could only wish some of the other manufactures were in the same boat.  

Jack Gifford was the owner and head engineer at Tesoro Metal Detectors in Prescott, AZ.  He also worked for Bounty Hunter & Fisher.  

Just my two cents,

Rob Allison
Rob's Detector Sales

New Tesoro Mojave Data Page

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

Hey Chuck,

Funny you mentioned the Tesoro Mojave.  A guy called me about 2 months ago looking for one of these units.  He said he uses it for gold prospecting in Western Australia of all places.  He said the Tesoro brand is very difficult to get over there and he went through several of these units, looking for another one.  Why he was using this unit for nugget shooting is another questions, but sounded like he was finding gold and was happy with it.  

I know I'm straying off topic from this thread but Rob I noticed when testing my Mojave that it was surprisingly sensitive to small gold.  Here are some Air test results while in high ground mode.  Bic Pen-3/4"   1/2 Grain (not gram) nugget 1"   1.3 gram nugget 5" .    One tenth oz gold coin 8 1/2"..  This is with the stock coil. I bought a Nel Snake coil for it in hopes of using it on my custom shorty shaft but it fell on its face with that coil and lost all its sensitivity to small gold.  If the Mojave can handle bad soil with its stock coil it might be a good little silent search nugget hunter for the right person or location.  It's so light, simple and cheap it's easy to make the case to own one.

Bryan

Tesoro is a detector I've yet to own and I really can't say why. I've gone more for the detector that has a readout and I don't think they offer that on any of their detectors. Like said I know zero about Tesoro. other than they have a life time warranty.

Bryan what you posted on the Mojave sounds great for a low cost detector.

Chuck 

Mojave is a great little detector and YES it will find the Yellow as well. If you're  ever in a pinch and working in some of the dry wash piles,  it is capable of zinging out sub gram nuggets. Not like a Fisher GB, but is capable of finding nuggets. I did some testing in the Gold Basin area with the Mojave. I found the 5.75 concentric and even the little 4" is somewhat an eye opener for such a inexpensive detector. It works! 

AC

• Like 2

Wooooaaaw thats interesting unavailble to the UK away......................

RR