Has anyone tried Dunlop boots? Very popular with field geologists up here, but they have steel toed versions usually. Probably too hot for the desert. 

4 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Steve,

What version of 5.11 did you have?

Zappos have lots of them listed but without knowing a model and having previously had that shoe I probably wouldn't order through them on this order.

http://www.zappos.com/men-boots/CK_XARCz1wE6AroLwAEC4gIEAQIYBw.zso

Mitchel

I bought them on a discontinued/closeout sale years ago - best boots I ever had for warm country detecting. I will have to go back and find the receipt to get the model. Good idea though. I will do that and ask 5.11 directly what the closest equivalent is now.

• Like 1

Sorry guys very busy weekend and have not been to the site for a few days. The boots are holding up well. I'm very happy with them. They are very light. Feet have not got wet in them yet. I do a lot of scraping with my feet and so far they are doing the job....but I still have not had them for very long...I don't really know how many miles your supposed to get out of boots...I could tell you that I know more about miles on truck tires then I do boots. I have several pairs of boots and these boots are only used when detecting for gold with the 7000 and since i don't get out that often they have not many miles on them yet. Been to the High Sierras 3 times and the foot hills 3-4 times and the Desert once so for 7 or so  trips  I'm Happy. 

strick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1