Lobo ST Coils and Silver Coin Hunting?

Does anybody know if those Detech or NEL coils made for a Tesoro Lobo ST will actually get better depth than the Tesoro coils before I go and buy one and can't return it? Any recommendations on the best coil of these 2 brands for deep silver hunting?

I have all of the Tesoro coils made for my LST, but I could never get more than 8 inches on a silver quarter even after having the detector tuned to the 9 x 8 coil in Disc mode at the factory. My buddys with Minelabs can get several more inches or so they claim. The LST was my fave all time detector and the only one I ever paid for with finds,mostly gold jewelry.Heck,it will 'see ' a mens gold ring at a foot deep air test in All Metal,so I don't understand why I can only get silver coins at 8 inch max in Disc and a touch more in All Metal?

Thanks,

-Tom

I always figured about 30% loss of depth in descriminate over all metal...this is from memory not a scientific study...

Coil manufacturers often claim better depth over stock coils but that is usually because the after market coil is a bigger size.

I don't believe bigger coils really give much better depth but do increase ground coverage...

fred

Why would this detector get better depth on a mens gold ring vs a silver quarter? Isn't Silver more electrically conductive than gold? I could get 10-12 inches on a quarter in the ground  with a Tesoro Tejon but it made the same audio response on a target whether the item was an inch deep or a foot deep, which I don't like. The LST on the other hand has the audio modulation that I like,softer signal =deeper target. Now ,if I could just have the Tejons depth and the audio modulation of the LST,I'd be a happy camper...

-Tom

There is a video on YouTube from Keith Southern who claims to have tweaked a certain pot inside his LST and getting the depth I want on coins, like 10-12 inches in hot ground atho he doesn't actually dig any of his test targets I noticed. .And he doesn't show which  pot it was of the 7 on the circuit board. Guess I need to try to pm him if can find his email address?

I only keep my LST around cause it was my fave detector and could run rings around the Shadow X5 I bought some years back for Civil War relic hunting in Ironton, Missouri. The spot I was hunting was on top of an iron mountain.Heck, there was an iron mine right acrosss the street and another one on top of the hill during Civil War days. The Shadow was useless here, beeped every step.My LST totally ignored the hot ground and got me globs of lead, lead bullets, even got me what I later learnt was a brass cannon primer thing and these coiled up wires which must have been used with the primers to set off the cannons.

I am having a dealer on Ebay check the Detech and  NEL 13 inch coils on a Lobo/Vaquero. He is claiming 10-12 inches air test on coins. Guess I better check his return policy if I don't like the coil?

-T

I got my Lobo apart and circuit board exposed and was finally able to get hold of Keith S tonite.Tomorrow, I will get brave and turn the tiny trimmer pot he told me to turn and see what happens...wish me luck...I've never fooled around inside a detector before so am kinda gunshy about it..I will mark the pot trimmer position before I turn it for a reference point ..like doing the timing chain on a car I guess...wish me luck..

-Tom