Lobo ST Coils and Silver Coin Hunting?

Ray,

Keith told me to adjust the U4 trimmer pot back by the LST coil connector.Leave the other pots alone or disc will be messed up. The trim pots ALL have labels altho you might need a magnifying glass.Don't ferget to mark a reference point so you can reset U4 back to where it was originally, if needed. I got me some jewelers screwdrivers but they are metal. Where can I get a hard plastic tiny flatblade? Just concerned if I slip and the Lobo is turned on, sure don't want it to short circuit the board? I had to pull apart the white plug on the main battery connector to pull the board out of the control box and get access to U4. It may be a bit tough to adjust the pot a touch, reconnect the main battery plug, test detector, and repeat many times, we will see....

-T

Check with a good electronics or computer store or online for the plastic screwdriver, also check for ceramic screwdrivers, maybe Radio Shack?

Here's a link to Amazon that have both plastic and ceramic screwdrivers/tools needed for working on electronics, if you don't see what you need, do a quick internet search for what you seek.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aplastic%20screwdriver

Hi tvanwho!

I had built an additional pot for GB in the Lobo ST, after instruction of Keith. Now the ST is a new machine. You can search deeper or individual cancel signals for hot rocks, mineralic stones and cinders from early metal production now in Disc mode. If you set the GB to wide you change the setting of Disc too and have to correct it.

But all is very nice and so i could search on a field, where my Explorer SE only gets distrubances and i could only search with minimal sensitivity. 

I also use the 13" ultimate-coil from detech. It is deeper and hotter than the other coils. Pinpoint is just the same than a smaller coil and you find also very little pieces of metal. The drawback is you can´t groundbalance it to 100% in Allmetal with Soil switch in Normal position. You have to use alkali or blk sand. 

But it is no problem.

You can also search in allmetal and get a sort of Irondisc by the sounds. I thing it is with all DD coils on the ST the same.

Sorry for my english. Greetings from Germany.

Do you have some photos of your German GB control changes  to the Lobo and how to install on the circuit board? Thanks for the update to this thread. How deep can you get an American quarter in the ground now or half dollar?

Thanks

-Tom

Looks like Frys Electronics is the place to go for the pot trimmer adjustment tool. I tried Bestbuy, RadioShack,and TigerDirect,none of them has the tool or even knows what it is. Over at Frys, it is called a Potentiometer Trimpot Tool, cost $1.89,part # 63-8608. 

Here are some pictures. Caution by replacing the rimmer with a outside pot. I have destroyed a PCB-path and had to replace it with a wire (the golden around R34).

I don´t have an american quarter or half dollar. But i can test with a 50 Euro-Cent pice.

post-376-0-13424800-1413124061_thumb.jpg

post-376-0-04205300-1413124068_thumb.jpg

post-376-0-54343700-1413124072_thumb.jpg

post-376-0-82007800-1413124075_thumb.jpg

MSCH,

I cannot view your YouTube video as it is marked Private .

Can you view my photos and tell me if the U4 pot trimmer is the right one to adjust or not? Keith told me the V4 pot, but I could only find a U4 pot back by the coil connector..

post-353-0-84139200-1413140501_thumb.jpg

post-353-0-17821600-1413140512_thumb.jpg

M,

Our Lobo circuit boards look different? Is yours the Lobo Supertraq or the old original Lobo? The white cube looking things on my board, seem to be yellow on your board? The large blue capacitor near the front of your board, is Silver on my board.

-Tom