My New Prospecting Vehicle

Ok that's really cool. But I have to say one thing, THATS CHEATING! :cool: 

Don't worry. If I had access I'd use one too!

Good on ya

John

• Like 3

I would like to know how that Robinson flies. Is it easy or are you super busy and stiff controls? Only asking because I'm slowly getting there. I'm looking at a few options.

13 minutes ago, whitebutler said:

I would like to know how that Robinson flies. Is it easy or are you super busy and stiff controls? Only asking because I'm slowly getting there. I'm looking at a few options.

I was the passenger not the pilot. Very nippy and nimble though and at one point he was steering with his knees while he rolled a smoke. A pretty smooth ride and not bucked about too much with wind either, you could crack your beer without it fizzing all over your lap.

• Like 2

Geez, I love flying in helicopters! I was a surveyor for awhile in Alaska and got to spend lots of hours flying lots of places in choppers. Nothing beats that taking off straight up from a dead stop feel and landing anywhere you have enough rotor clearance. We had an ex-Vietnam pilot who loved flying low up the river (said it reminded him of flying up the Mekong) - great fun.

Thanks for sharing and stirring up some good memories!

• Like 2

Apart from being handy to get to spots madtuna, could this also be handy in allowing you to better read the dirt, colour changes, the flow of different rocks, etc?  

I've been told that WA gold is often in very flat ground and it is often very hard to get a handle on where a run of gold might be coming from - just no rhyme or reason. Getting an aerial view of the situation might help??

• Like 1