Skunked..........

The wife and I got out for a little detecting today..... Pretty bleak. She found a dime and a quarter, both clad and I got skunked.

So I console myself in that I did my good deed for the day in helping to clean up the little park we detected.....:rolleyes:

• Like 5

Was the ST Chris gold?

I found one a couple years ago that was 14k and weighed 7.5 dwt.

I like to think of my trash cleaning efforts perhaps a bit unusually. I tend to treat the park as a living, breathing organism that I'll talk to as I clean. As I do this there is hope the karma kicks in and the park coughs up some gold jewelry. Even at the end of a session, having been skunked, I'll take one last look back and think, "I've left you better than I found you with no reward. Remember me next time."

I don't know if it helps, but I feel better about the time spent.

• Like 2

Deft Tones,

I sing to the park.   I go around singing "silver and gold, silver and gold, somewhere around here is silver and gold, silver and gold, silver and gold, common park, give me your silver and gold"

HH
Mike

• Like 3

LOL!

I'm going to try that one sung as a chantey in a pirates accent. That ought to keep the wierdos away!

"Look at the crazy man, Mommy"! :biggrin:

You could also go around mumbling about "My Precious" in your best golum impression.....:biggrin: