Scuba Tector And Vibra Tector Air Testing

I admit to have wondered about these little hand held detectors / pinpointers. The main thing being do they really deliver significant depth advantages over standard pinpointers? These are only air tests but at least you get an idea. Nice depth chart at the end of the video you can screen capture.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's pretty cool Steve. And the Detectnix gets 4 inches air test on coins ,large and small gold and silver rings and waterproof. Working Method: Pulse induction. No falsing in saltwater and black sand environment.

I see they are on Ebay for $169 and free shipping from a seller right here in USA, in Michigan.

I had the Vibraprobe round coil unit a long ways back, but got rid of it.It could barely see a quarter at 2 inch in the air.

This unit might do the trick in swim areas where they don't allow full size detectors.

If its impervious to black sand, would it work as a pinpointer for gold nugget hunters  in hot dirt?

-Tom

18 minutes ago, tvanwho said:

If its impervious to black sand, would it work as a pinpointer for gold nugget hunters  in hot dirt?

The big nuggets everyone can find easy enough. And pinpointers do not work well if at all on the small stuff. The best nugget pinpointer I have used so far is a plastic scoop over the detector coil.

• Like 1

When I went to that Treasure Show this past weekend I had my hot little hands on the Scuba Tector. What I could tell it s well made but didn't get to test it. I'd told myself I was coming home with one but the wireless won out. When I go to something like that show I only take so much money in the way of cash. That is the only control I have on buying things. Oh not over with it yet and I know where the dealer is.

I don't see the Scuba Tector much of a pinpointer. For small nuggets detecting is out and like Steve said the big ones is no trouble seeing. Just maybe a beach hunt it could work for you but my TRX works for me .

You ask why I'd want one and the answer to that is I don't have one. When do I need to have a reason other than what I said.

If you don't think like me you may need to make a appointment so we can talk about your thinking.haha

The best reason I can come up with for the Scuba Tector is as a very low cost shallow water snorkeling detector for lakes and beaches, especially for places where you might want to be less than obvious. I have worked at times in very shallow surf on my knees where that little unit may have been a lot handier than trying to use a full size detector while on my knees. But in the end it is just too small to make an effective replacement for a full size detector, and rather bulky for a pinpointer. Kind of a classic tool looking for a job!

Steve 

I do believe what you said it would work for shallow water hunting and add a snorkel you won't need more. I would run the Scuba in front of me to run off any stingrays that may come your way.

Chuck.