New Invention for Dry Gold Prospecting

I got this off the http://golddetecting.4umer.net forum - is this the link you wanted to post?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_A1TSkVUAlxLXpxY1h2bk10OFE/edit?pli=1

I looked at the video. I am sure the gold churn works just fine, I have no doubts of it. However as someone who has spent some amount of time operating a dry blower (AKA dry washer here in the states), I think I could easily run gravel through my dry washer at a rate at least 10 times faster than you are processing it in the gold churn.

I don't mean this in any sort of mean way, I ask only as an honest question. Please don't take my comment the wrong way as you have obviously put a lot of time into designing and building this device. I am hoping you will explain its advantages over a standard dry blower. One thing I can see is that you could process wet material and use water - something obviously impossible in a normal dry blower. Still being able to process material in the dry washer at a much, much faster rate is important.  I am just thinking that a patch of dirt that would take me 2 days to run through my dry washer might take me 2 weeks or more to process through the gold churn. 

Thanks for posting the link Chis ,

I can try to explain the advantages , first off  ' efficiency & ease of use !  :)   it's a light weight 10 second set up unit , designed for easy processing of material once you have found the best spot after doing the usual sampling ' being hand cranked allows the human to choose just the right amount of turns for the gold size being sort as the internal raking system will help drop the bigger gold faster then the tiny stuff .

I've tested it for fine gold & it does not lose any when turned a few extra turns per cycle , if there's any gold in the material you shovel in ' you can do a 2 minute run to find out .

Sure you will be able to run a lot more dirt through your Powered dry blower but it will lose some gold that the churn won't .

The churns main purpose is the concentrate down the best material when found for the final clean up , it's a prospecting tool not  a mining machine .

Hope this helps explains this simple unit .

Regards

Jack .

Hi Steve ,

I like the analogy with dry panning , very few ever get the hang of that .

Will have to get back with the exact weight but it's easy to pick up with one hand ' think the stand is heavier as it's made from one inch square tube .

Cheers

Jack .

Thanks Rick , will speed up the sampling process greatly to get on the best gold .

Steve : I did weigh the churn on a spring fishing scale , was around 18lbs with the stand half that , feels lighter :)

jack .