New Land Information Website

On 12/2/2015 at 7:50 PM, Rick Kempf said:

Barry.

When folks are willing to spend $10k on a detector - they would have to be soft in the head not to pony up $100 a year for your service.

Folks like you who actually DO something are so important to what we used to call civilization. Now sasdy, most are like me, just commenting.

Well done.

Thanks Rick, that means a lot coming from you.

We'll be sending out everybody's reports first thing in the morning. It's been a very long day.

Thanks to everyone who is helping make Land Matters a reliable resource for information.

More coming soon!

Barry

I joined too! Any one that works as hard as Barry deserves our support.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2015 at 2:27 AM, vanursepaul said:

What town should I be sitting in when the report comes out Barry???? ;) 

Stakes in hand.....GPS on hip..... feels like the OK Land Rush.... hahaha...

The 1893 claim is in the last (11/15/2015) Claims Advantage Report Paul.

Just sort the tables by Date Located and it should pop right up. I'm not going to post which State it's in here because some folks are a lot closer and I want to give you a fighting chance.  :lol:

That claim will also be in the upcoming Special Report #3 along with a whole bunch of others like it. Maybe you could just plan on carrying stakes and a pile of Location Notices and going nomad for the next month or so? A pile of cheese sandwiches, a few blankets and a convenience pail. It would be just like the old days eh?

You could be the proud new owner of more claims than you could ever mine! :blink:

p.s. Your latest Claims Advantage Report is in your email box. It went out tonight.

Barry

• Like 1

On 12/2/2015 at 5:37 AM, goldbrick said:

I joined too! Any one that works as hard as Barry deserves our support.

Thanks for your support and kind words goldbrick!

Don't tell anybody but Leigh does all the work. I'm just the pretty face spokes model. :lol:

Barry

• Like 3

We've been saving up data for Land Matters for a while now. We have a lot of sources for the data we are compiling but the biggest part, most months, is the twice monthly BLM database copies we archive from the BLM server in Denver.

We download more than 3 Gb of database files each month in updates and that allows us to do time based comparisons of the information. That's a whole other dimension of analysis than looking around the LR2000 database.

Besides our twice monthly Mining Claims Maps updates and twice monthly Claims Advantage Closed Claims Reports we have started to publish Special Reports that leverage our database to answer questions that can't be answered by just looking through the public information. That's where we are getting the information to make the charts I've been posting here and the very popular Mining Claims Maps on the Land Matters website.

The latest Special Report answers the question:

How many Placer Claim locations were held for more than 20 years and are now unclaimed?

The basic answer is pretty amazing:

post-392-0-69208700-1449453850_thumb.png

Yeah... that many, that old and that long. That many old historical Placer Claims are not now claimed. Makes you wonder if we are missing something or if in the old days they mined mud for fun. :icon_scratch:

To get the final result we broke these claims down by Quarter Section and took out the obvious withdrawn and now private areas. We checked against current active claims locations. Then we made a 15 page report, broken down by State and County, of each and every one of those claims. These report tables are sortable and each claim has a link to the Serial Register page for their closed case file.

Since we had to use GIS software to make the report we ended up with a map that gives a basic outline of these areas. Even though we are still putting the finishing touches to the report I thought I would put up that map and let you take a quick look around at what 18,835 open claims look like.

Here's the link to the map:

Special Report #3 Map

Look around. There might be something in your backyard!  :ph34r:

Yeah Paul, this is the report you've been waiting on. It should be in your box by morning  ...er hippy time. :D

Barry