Detailed Review Of The Nokta Fors Gold Nugget Detector

Hi Dilek & Gene,

It’s nice to see that Nokta and Kellyco are in the forums and backing up concerns of warranty service and knowing that those who purchase a Nokta MD have someone to contact in the event of service. Dilek I will be contacting you soon, life is beginning to get back to normal after my father’s passing and great news from my brother in his battle with cancer.  Keith

On 10/23/2014 at 7:12 AM, Gene@Kellyco said:

EZMoney Bob I apologize for any inconvenience, please contact me directly and I will get you taken care of. If you dont mind emailing me first and let me know what time works best for me to call you back that would be great. As well as anyone else on this forum who would like to purchase or even has a comment or concern please feel free to contact me directly.

Gene Knight

Director of International

and Domestic Sales

Kellyco Metal Detectors

GKnight@kellycodetectors.com

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your response and I also got a similar PM from another Kellyco representative.  I'd like to make a clarification in this tempest in a teapot.  It was unfortunate that I was left on hold when I called Kellyco, but that kind of thing happens with any company.  I'm sure it was a fluke and not a normal event and I can easily call Kellyco back and my call will be answered right away.  I really don't have much of a problem with Kellyco at all.  It's not Kellyco's fault at all that Nokta has decided to have only one USA dealer and I sure can't expect you to tell Nokta that you actually want competition in the form of other dealers.

My real issue, that unfortunately got reinforced while I was waiting on hold, is that I strongly prefer to be able to make my own decisions and choose what dealer I purchase detectors from.    I might look at my options and then decide to buy from Kellyco, but in the case of Nokta I don't have any options so I have decided for the present not to purchase a Nokta detector.

So, it's really not completely a practical issue of not being able to place an order with Kellyco over the phone, it's really just a matter of principle that I don't have a choice of Nokta dealers.  I believe that having a choice and some level of competition between dealers is always good for the purchaser and also good for everyone.

Thanks again for your response,

Bob

• Like 1

I am set to go swing the FORS Gold this Saturday. Been a long time coming after so many obstacles from knee surgery, shoulder replacement surgery, and the passing of my father. The plan is to hit an old mining camp and hit the trashy areas and some areas Barry “Clay Diggins” has told me about. This will be the first outing with the FORS before heading up to Rich Hill sometime next month. I did go out to a local park and play with the FORS Gold to get familiarize to the controls. You can bet I will be wearing knee pads as I cannot risk shearing off the knee cap again as I did on the replaced knee back in April while out prospecting.

FORS1.jpg

I am set to go swing the FORS Gold this Saturday. Been a long time coming after so many obstacles from knee surgery, shoulder replacement surgery, and the passing of my father.  The plan is to hit an old mining camp and hit the trashy areas and some areas Barry “Clay Diggins” has told me about. This will be the first outing with the FORS before heading up to Rich Hill sometime next month. I did go out to a local park and play with the FORS Gold to get familiarize to the controls. You can bet I will be wearing knee pads as I cannot risk shearing off the knee cap again as I did on the replaced knee back in April while out prospecting.

FORS1.jpg

Brother, I am really looking forward to hearing how it performs.  Everything I'm doing now is working towards full-time prospecting and with that Nokta you have.

Sunriseboy Definitely looking forward to seeing your results. We have no natural gold here in Florida so it's always nice to see how the machines are working in those conditions and for prospecting.

Hi Dilek & Gene,

It’s nice to see that Nokta and Kellyco are in the forums and backing up concerns of warranty service and knowing that those who purchase a Nokta MD have someone to contact in the event of service. Dilek I will be contacting you soon, life is beginning to get back to normal after my father’s passing and great news from my brother in his battle with cancer.  Keith

Keith hi... Dilek from Nokta. I know about your father's passing away but did not know about your brother. I wish him a very speedy recovery. Like I said a couple of times before, family comes first! Money, business etc etc mean nothing without our loved ones. Take care and talk to you soon.

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum!

Sunriseboy is in Oz and has the AT Pro. I like to keep threads on subject and so split the AT Pro thing to its own thread at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/373-problem-on-beach-with-garrett-at-pro/

AzViper (Keith) is of course in Arizona and has a Nokta like I do. FYI dealers are welcome here as long as they are being helpful. Direct selling is a turn off. That said, the reason I welcome dealers here is they are often the most knowledgeable people around, but business being what it is they tend to shun each others forums. Everyone is welcome here. Selling detectors is a super gig in my opinion. Get to play with the new toys, get to use them free or cheap, and get to talk detecting all day. Does not get much better than that! I would miss it but between the forum and prospecting I get the best of the best and do not have to deal with grumpy customers!

Anyway, I am threatening to take the thread of course myself so will leave it there. The Nokta are great units, you guys are going to sell a few. I need to get back out with mine soon but am fortunately into some pretty clean ground right now so it is PI time. I want to take the Nokta out for a spin ghost towning soon though looking for gold coins. That is still something I have never found and the FORS Gold is just the unit to do it.

• Like 1

Steve I bet you would like to find one of these,1877 Twenty Dollar Double Eagle. The coin is worth the weight in gold due to the wear on the coin. Looks to have been carried in the pocket a lot.

post-15-0-71665800-1414516153_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-16007700-1414516286_thumb.jpg

I found the $20.00 gold piece in an old farm house in Missouri when I was back where I was born.

• Like 1