Detailed Review Of The Nokta Fors Gold Nugget Detector

Steve,

Do you still have the FORS Gold?   Are you planning on attending the next Comstock Gold Prospector's Club meeting?  If you still have the detector and are going to attend the meeting, could you bring it along?

I'd like to see one in person and I haven't had the opportunity since, as you know, they don't have a USA dealer system.

Thanks,

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all...We have come across some customer feedbacks on some forums regarding FORS not being able to be used by left handed people easily so as the manufacturer we have decided to offer a modified version of FORS for left handed people on request. This will be done at no additional charge to the customer. The lead time will be around 7-10 days.

• Like 1

Hello all...We have come across some customer feedbacks on some forums regarding FORS not being able to be used by left handed people easily so as the manufacturer we have decided to offer a modified version of FORS for left handed people on request. This will be done at no additional charge to the customer. The lead time will be around 7-10 days.

How cool is that. What other company would step up and do that. Wow!!!

Nokta, is out to make a name for themselves and it's this type of customer care that will make Nokta rise above the others.

The most amazing thing to happen in the detector world would be for a company to pay attention to customer feedback on ergonomics by getting them involved in the process. The current process is for engineers to design what they think people want, and AFTER the design is set in stone, ask for commentary on how the electronics function. The choice of actual physical design and layout seems to be the darkest secret process kept behind closed doors. Dave Johnson seems to be one of the few engineers that ever gave ergonomics a place up front in the design process. The Fisher Gold Bug was revolutionary and many companies Unfortunately are stepping away from hip mount and chest mount designs.

Nokta could score big points with a FORS Gold in a chest mount design, control panel on top so I can see and adjust it looking down. Perfect for wading, climbing hills, and people who just plain need to keep the weight off the arm. It would need heavy duty coil cables specially beefed up at the connector end. If I could buy that detector I would not even consider the competition. Just like if I could buy a four pound ATX I would ditch my GPX 5000. For me at least it is all about who can give me the most power in the most ergonomically accessible package. We are prospecting, detecting 12 hours a day, climbing hills, wading creeks!

The reality is most detectors will find the target if I put the coil over it. The easiest way for a company to succeed in selling me detectors is to pay attention to the ergonomics. Maybe Nokta is willing to ask us what we want instead of telling us what we want in that regard.

The most amazing thing to happen in the detector world would be for a company to pay attention to customer feedback on ergonomics by getting them involved in the process. The current process is for engineers to design what they think people want, and AFTER the design is set in stone, ask for commentary on how the electronics function. The choice of actual physical design and layout seems to be the darkest secret process kept behind closed doors. Dave Johnson seems to be one of the few engineers that ever gave ergonomics a place up front in the design process. The Fisher Gold Bug was revolutionary and many companies Unfortunately are stepping away from hip mount and chest mount designs.

Nokta could score big points with a FORS Gold in a chest mount design, control panel on top so I can see and adjust it looking down. Perfect for wading, climbing hills, and people who just plain need to keep the weight off the arm. It would need heavy duty coil cables specially beefed up at the connector end. If I could buy that detector I would not even consider the competition. Just like if I could buy a four pound ATX I would ditch my GPX 5000. For me at least it is all about who can give me the most power in the most ergonomically accessible package. We are prospecting, detecting 12 hours a day, climbing hills, wading creeks!

The reality is most detectors will find the target if I put the coil over it. The easiest way for a company to succeed in selling me detectors is to pay attention to the ergonomics. Maybe Nokta is willing to ask us what we want instead of telling us what we want in that regard.

Steve, this post will open Nokta's eyes. They seem willing to listen to the needs of the end user, that being those who purchase their equipment. Maybe Nokta will fly you out to Istanbul and you work with the engineers to get a chest mounted control box with all the controls, screen, earphone jack all in the correct positions.