Now ,that we have one of the world's premier make-it-yourself mining equipment fabricators onboard in the person of AZViper, what say any interested parties collaborate on a DIY Jaw Crusher? Just checking to see if there's any interest. I got started but didn't get very far. Biggest obstacle I've run into is finding suitable flywheels. I think they're necessary to maintain enough momentum to keep the crusher going smoothly.

The jaw crushers I've seen sort of chug along but I've also heard of some high speed jaw crusher designs that reportedly work very efficiently. Might be something to investigate.

What do you think?

- Bob

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the link and yes, we can buy or kluge together impact mills from old lawnmowers pretty cheap and easy.  For some reason new and used jaw crushers seem to demand exorbitant prices. I would like to have a jaw crusher because the output size is to some extent  adjustable and controllable.   You can sort of control the results from an impact crusher by limiting the time it's working, but it still hammers material into oblivion and completely destroys any nuggets that may be in the rock.  Of course I'm being optimistic about the size of the nuggets that may in my material.

Plus, some people just like to build things. 

http://www.factoryfat.com/roadog.html

- Bob