Steve Herschbach

Understanding The Sensitivity Control On The Gold Monster 1000

New Treasure Talk entry...

http://www.minelab.com/anz/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/understanding-the-sensitivity-control-on-the-gold-monster-1000

What the Automatic Signal Processing is actually doing (advanced description)

Another performance advantage of the two Auto settings (hidden from the user) is that both the sensitivity resolution and adjustment range actually go way beyond what can be displayed via the LCD segments:

• Where there are ten Manual settings to choose from, the GOLD MONSTER signal processing will automatically make the optimum choice from well over 10,000 incremental steps.
  • Where Manual 10 is the maximum level that can be user selected, the auto level selected may range above 10 if the ambient and ground conditions allow, giving a greater sensitivity than manual will ever be able to achieve. 

IMG_1036.PNG

IMG_0414.PNG

• Like 8

One might even hope that the rumoured not too far away GPZ software update may include this feature. 

Might be handy :happy:

• Like 1

I admire your tenacity, Steve...even Jesus had the problem of people hearing what they want...not what was meant. 

But, please keep trying it is fun to watch the sparks when you get a little miffed...

I say that in the most respectful way.

fred

• Like 2

Hey Fred, thanks.

There has been this growing backlash on the internet against what has been perceived as "official tester hype". It has gone too far now with continuous personal attacks. One guy on Findmall and the so-called "Friendly Forum" has gone so far as to label testers as "trained monkeys".

As a tester I don't find that sort of talk to be very friendly and as a result I set up this forum and have basically stopped posting elsewhere. If people think testers posting reviews on forums is hype, then I just won't do it anymore except for on this forum. Anyone coming here and reading what I have to say by seeking me out and then complaining about it is an idiot and can expect to get the boot. You don't want to hear what I have to say then don't come here!

How is that for miffed? :biggrin:

Anyway, as time has passed I have been trying to better craft my posts so as to avoid this sort of accusations of hype developing. Much to my dismay people really do hear what they want to hear anyway so it seems a bit futile at times. In my book however trying to put the right tools in the right hands is always the better strategy for the long run. Hype just results in destructive blowback and so really should be avoided for sound long term business reasons. Good products just prove themselves over time. If anything Minelab fights an uphill battle each time as the troops of Minelab haters pile on first. It usually takes a year to sort out, and in the end Minelab products almost without fail (there are a few exceptions) have proven to be real winners.

• Like 7

That's the good thing about you Steve, consistent remarks that are cemented in real world experience that stand the test of time. You're your own worst critic so the nameless brigade have nothing compared to your own personal code of ethics on what you say and how you conduct yourself. And then for good measure you draw a very solid "wall in the sand” that even blind Freddy would find hard to miss!

I have to say though, a lot of this would not be happening if product was made available on the advertised release date. I'm sure there are a lot of very frustrated sales people at Minelab right now.

JP

• Like 5

On ya, Steve the hyenas will never get you.

The naysayers will never stop and fools never learn; no matter how hard one may try...

therefore, integrity is the first, last and only bastion for one's self.

fred

• Like 2

I always look forward to your reviews and informative evaluations Steve. They are always factual and unbiased. Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged. We all value your input!

• Like 4

Steve - and others - thank you for all your valuable and very instructive postings. My lovely partner and I are new to prospecting and we are learning an awful lot from your posts....

We arrived roughly a month ago on our very first prospecting stop, in Wedderburn in the Golden Triangle of Victoria. Lots of fun as of yet with our GoldMonster 1000 and Equinox 800...... Next step is actually finding our first gold nugget! Our biggest difficulty is recognising where gold can be found, ground type, location, and so forth. But with what we learn from you, your forum participants and our local prospecting friends that might very well will become reality, no worries!

Greetings & Kind Regards.

Henk and Linda 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1