Please Send Your Recyclable Cellphones To Me

"Cell phones are a gold mine. Really. According to the EPA, for every one million smart phones recycled, 75 pounds of gold, 772 pounds of silver, 33 pounds of palladium and more than 35,000 pounds of copper can be reused."

http://www.oregonmetro.gov/news/when-gadgets-become-garbage-how-recycle-electronics

• Like 2

What about that theory or maybe its fact that there is pounds of gold and other metals in human waste and sewer water. I seen it somewhere on a show perhaps. They were trying to figure out a way to extract it. I hope they dont classify it down before they pan it. I guess precious metals are in all kinds of products we consume and use on a day basis. This could be a great new reality show for Mr. Hoffman  Poo miners. Next time someone says your full of it, you can say yeah but im carring 2 ozs. Good luck scott. 

Hmmm about $1 worth of gold in each phone, if my maths is right.........

• Like 1

On 5/13/2017 at 2:57 AM, Norvic said:

Hmmm about $1 worth of gold in each phone, if my maths is right.........

I get about $1.33 of gold and a total of $0.67 for the rest, so $2.00.  But it's not like they are just sitting there in pure form.  Converting them back to that might cost more than what you get out of it.  These articles never seem to mention that.  Reminds me of the mining the asteroid idea.  They tell you what the raw, pure metals are worth in today's prices (as if flooding the market with an asteroid's spoils wouldn't drive down the prices!) but worse, they fail to mention how much it would cost to get those precious metals from a chunk of rock in orbit around the sun into a bank vault on the surface of the earth (also orbiting the sun, but not the same orbit, etc.).

• Like 4