Another Method Of Gold Recovery Using A Cement Mixer

Here are a couple of videos of another concept for recovery gold. The idea is that you can run all day or weekend before a clean out as the gold will stay in the bottom of the drum until you’re ready to do a final clean out. Obviously running wet is better.

Much smaller version using the drum wet or dry.

Anyone interested in building the Drum its based on a mixer sold by Home Depot. The front cone is removed and the paddles inside are removed. Then a 14" or 16" trommel basket is installed with the back of the basket raised off of the back of the mixer. Then a 3/4" or 1" ring is installed on the front edge of the large drum to retain the heavies. Link to the cement mixer at Home Depot. Any quality steel shop would have the means to cut the 1" ring to the diameter of the front edge of the drum as well as rolling the expanded metal or get a pipe and start drilling holes. If you need a drill pattern contact me as I got the pattern to center punch and drill the holes and have evenly spaced holes.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Proforce-1-2-HP-Portable-Cement-Mixer-105890DPT/202081851?N=5yc1vZc7qb

Rather cheap way to have a gold recovery machine running wet or dry... You would have to have a small generator of maybe 1500 watts as the motor is only a 1/2 hp of which generally pulls on the high end of 8.5 amps. If your running wet you would want to place a GFIC outlet between the generator and motor.

I have never seen one in use but it does look interesting.