GPZ 7000 Wish List

Overall, the GPZ is an awesome tool and I have been extremely happy with it since I purchased one about 6 months ago.  But I thought I would gather what things people wish would be included as a future option/improvement such as software upgrades/gps options ... etc.   Maybe I will forward the link to their marketing department (since I hear engineers are so difficult to work with ;p)

Please list only your top 3 wishes for improvement/options/upgrades in order of priority ...  if they are the same as others then that is fine.  It shows we want similar things.

My wish list:

1)  smaller coil option - anywhere from 8-11"

2)  software update allowing storage of a secondary settings (similar to GPX5000)

3)  maybe a clock on the front screen

• Like 1

1. Password protected, so if it gets stolen it will not work.

2. Save multiple settings like the CTX 3030 has.

3. I like your clock idea Andyy, I'm always having to look at my phone or GPS for time, as I don't wear a watch.

Dave

• Like 5

1)  Automatic sensitivity option like the GM 1000.

2)  3 different user configurations. E.g. Option 1 is High Yield/Normal with low sensitivity,  smoothing off, etc, etc.. Option 2 is General/Difficult, high sensitivity, etc, etc.  You could program each option to the different combinations you frequently use and swapping between them would be a press of a button and not a selection of 6 different buttons. Probably make the thumb pad last longer too as the up/down buttons would be pressed much less when changing sensitivity, etc.

3) Dave's comment about the password is a good one.  

• Like 2

All the above but firstly even more depth, even more sensitivity with even better ground handling. 

• Like 3

1. A helium filled coil

2. Sky hooks to make the machine lighter. 

3. A smaller, more elliptical coil. Not sure if a elliptical coil is even possible with the super D design?

4. More depth. I think that  is possible now, just have to run in Normal more and listen to a noiser machine. 

7. All posts above are great suggestions. Still pondering numbers 5&6.

• Like 3

5. A plastic foot that would last for two or three trips instead of one.

6. a screen that would hold up as well as my $2 cell phone screen.

6.5. An arm strap that would fit over a coat sleeve so Sourdough S. wouldn't have to detect in his tee shirt in a snow storm.

• Like 3