GPZ 7000 Wish List

Andyy

Guest Jennifer
On 5/18/2017 at 11:54 PM, Norvic said:

All the above but firstly even more depth, even more sensitivity with even better ground handling. 

You're joking right? More depth???? What the heck, do you sell excavators for a living or something? :blink:

I've found (today actually) a screw the size of a screw from a pair of glasses down at least a foot.... blew me away!!!! I found a big flat washer at way over 2' (in new on it so I'm sure I'll find deeper).

i can't imagine digging deeper holes for trash.

Jen

Guest Jennifer
On 6/19/2017 at 11:58 PM, Northeast said:

Phoenix, I'm not sure if that parameter can be variable but I agree 100% with you and I think I've seen others make the same comment - sometimes Normal is too much accelerator and difficult is too much brake - something in between would be nice. 

That's the biggest adjustment I'm struggling with as I transition from GPX smooth swing ground balance to GPX noisy ground balance.. examples attached (I realize I'm swinging fast, it's the same slow).

Jen

Edited by Jennifer

You passed at least one nugget lol Yes WAY TOO FAST Did you drink a Red bull prior to filming that? 

strick

Make it so while holding the "trigger" while running in auto tracking makes the machine run in fixed tracking. 

This would allow for better pinpointing on tiny targets and quick diagnosis of extremely faint targets. 

Guest Jennifer
1 hour ago, strick said:

You passed at least one nugget lol Yes WAY TOO FAST Did you drink a Red bull prior to filming that? 

strick

That's not the speed I detect at, but I wanted a short enough clip to be able to post it online so swept fast to get in as much as possible, sounds the same regardless.

thx

2 hours ago, Jennifer said:

That's not the speed I detect at, but I wanted a short enough clip to be able to post it online so swept fast to get in as much as possible, sounds the same regardless.

thx

What settings u run?

Hi Jennifer.  Would be good to know what settings you are running in.  Normal ground mode will certainly sound like that at times. 

Have you ferrite balanced and ground balanced all gold mode/ground type combinations before starting swinging?  I'm just thinking if you have only balanced in high yield/difficult and then switched to high yield/normal it is certainly going to be out of balance. 

It is worth persisting with - it really sounds to me like it is a set up issue rather than a machine issue.  I took the time to search JP's posts relating to the GPZ on this forum and put them in to a little bible for me to reference when I need to - it has been invaluable and from having issues at times to now running a real smooth machine and really understanding a heck of a lot more about the Z than what you can learn in the manual.   An example is that when in high yield/normal modes you can ground balance by pumping the coil quite a few inches above the ground so as not to swamp the machine with saturation signal.  They are just little pieces of the puzzle that were missing when the jigsaw was released.  

Also, did you buy this second hand?  Has it had the 1st update done on it?  Or maybe the new update will help?  I can't believe that we were only bemoaning the fact yesterday that it hadn't been released yet.  I need to be a bit more patient :rolleyes:

I hope you have some success in taming the Beast :wink:

• 2 months later...

ok, rebooting this thread to modify my biggest wish for GPZ improvements.  Minelab is great at finding ways around salt.  My new #1 wish is for the GPZ to balance out those Tertiary Basalts that make up some great gold areas of the western US.  Kills me that I paid so much for a detector and my friends ATX can still detect these areas and I can't without playing rock soccer all day long.  Come on Minelab!!! :)

• Like 2

JW,

You are going to light up your world now!

Nothing is safe.

Mitchel