There is so much power under the hood of the V3i that is still untapped.....

Maybe someday White's will open it up a bit more for us.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I also appreciate tboykin's honesty. I already have a Sampson but I haven't used it much yet. I'm over 6' so the Whites offering may be just up my alley.

Edited by Hibby
Spelling corrections

Be nice guys - this is a White's forum. I am sure though you are just voicing what many White's fans would like to see - a new flagship model. We all want them to succeed, and nothing wrong with that! :smile:

If there is more to say on all that however the best place is the Metal Detector Advice & Comparisons forum - that is more the place for "gloves off" type commentary. The advice can be for manufacturers as well as detector users!

• Like 1
On 5/28/2017 at 4:31 PM, GB_Amateur said:

Ok, I'll speak up about the elephant in the room.  This looks a lot like the Lesche Sampson.

I like White's a lot.  But I hold everyone to a high standard.  What's up with the similarities?

It's a shovel dude, ahh....yeah it's a shovel :rolleyes:

I have the Lesche Sampson, got it on amazon for $50 shipped when it was on sale last year and aside from a pinpointer, it's the best detector accessory I've bought.  Hard to beat that price BUT I like the longer handle on the White's shovel, and I think the head is 7 1/2" long x 4" wide on the Lesche Sampson vs 6" Wide, 7.5" Long on the White's.  Like the additional width on the head and longer handle.....don't like the bright orange color, but nothing a can of black or grey Rustoleum couldn't fix.

Oh and that's the best review ever :wink:

• 1 month later...

I took a chance on the hawg....and have not regretted it.  Great shovel!  Cuts into the ground like a hot knife in butter. Super clean plugs.

Best investment I've made since the Garrett Carrot.

Like Cal_Cobra, I wasn't at all thrilled with the color. Too attention-grabbing. Took care of that though with a rattle-can of olive-gray Rustoleum paint.

Great shovel, decent price.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Redneck
      https://www.diveblu3.com/product/nemo/,
      There is also a unit sold by Air Buddy.
      25 years ago I built my own hookah unit , using a 5hp gas motor,  Thomas diaphragm compressor,  wash tub, and all set in a big innertube. 
      The dive blu3 unit only weighs 10 lbs. which is doable for me, as I approach retirement. Would love to dunk the Simplex in the shallows,
      looking for fresh drops.   Our lakes here are all rock bottoms.  If you have used these electrics, I'd love to hear your comments. 
      While Im considering it, one of those propulsion units would be fun too!
      The only difference between the men and the boys, is the price of their toys! 😁

• By Nokta Detectors
      Premium Sand Scoop Stainless Steel 2-piece handle for easy transportation 3-Way Adjustable Angle 7/16" (11mm) Laser Cut Holes Sharp Front Edge Perfect 9" Size Opening MSRP: NOKTA MAKRO PREMIUM SAND SCOOP-$99,95 NOKTA MAKRO PREMIUM SAND SCOOP HANDLE-$15,95 NOKTA MAKRO PREMIUM SAND SCOOP ROD SET-$11,95 NOKTA MAKRO PREMIUM SAND SCOOP-3-IN-1 SET-$119,95

• By GB_Amateur
      I can't figure out a reliable way to re-mount this pick handle.  This is a small pick (USA quarter on left, Australia 1943 penny on right, for scale).  You can see what I tried -- wooden wedge in the long direction and steel wedge in the short direction.  This didn't hold worth a nickel.
      Given that this design has been in use for well over a century there must be a solution.  I can't be the first person to have this issue.  (I looked online without success.)  Any advice is appreciated.
    • By CPT_GhostLight
      As a relatively newcomer to the Probe & Pop world, I'm getting better at it but I still manage to scratch at least one coin every hunt using my basic brass probe. I recently found a different probe made by Fossicker that has replaceable hard plastic tips (it comes with 5 tips) and took it out for a try this week. It's a little thicker than my regular brass probe so it's a little harder to push into the ground now which is getting dryer and harder from the colder weather. The plastic tip hasn't scratched anything but it makes it harder to feel the metal click when I touch the target, so it's another learning curve I guess. I use my pinpointer to find the exact target location and the probe to find the depth to pop and was curious what kind of probe others are using.

• By Glenn in CO
      Some of the new metal detectors claim to work wonders in iron infested sites. There is one site that I wish to go back to and try and see if those claims are valid. I don't have any high hopes though at this particular site because of the amount of iron on the surface and below. This site was at the end of the railroad track for a period of about six months while the construction of new track was being laid. During those six months the site was a temporary camp and staging area for the railroad, stage and freighting companies to a booming mining town thirty miles away. According to history accounts this site had a "floating population" of several thousand. One can imagine the amount of chaos that went on and amount of coins and relics that were lost. As you will see in the photographs there is not much revealing as to where the site is. At first look other than the old railroad grade, there are no visible signs as to where was. As you begin to wander around the site you become amazed of the amount of iron, wire, tin cans etc. that covers the entire ground. The amount of oyster cans lying on top of the ground is incredible. Many years ago at this site we used a "roofers magnet" and had some success finding coins and relics. In one small area of 10ft x 10ft we raked and used the roofers magnet before searching the area with a detector. Even after using a rake and roofers magnet there was some iron targets remaining below the surface. The outcome of all that work we were rewarded with a 1853 Half Dime.
      The site:

Using the roofers magnet:

Our reward:

• By Rick Kempf
      I recently bought a Tesoro Diablo II nugget detector on local Craigslist for a really great price. I wanted a nugget machine because I currently don’t have one and I had never seen, much less owned - a Diablo II. It comes after the Diablo and before the Lobo, Diablo Micro Max, and LST. It uses the same 20kHz coils as the original Lobo and is all metal only.
      The main reason I went for it was that included in the price was - A Hodan pick, a Faswing rock hammer, driving hammer, two drills and a pair of snake proof gaiters - plus a couple of loupes, a Keene “gold Magnet”. I was telling a fellow AZ Treasures Unlimited club member about this and mentioned that a while back, it was posted (here, I think) that these were no longer available because the company was no longer making them. If I remember the post correctly, it went on to say that it was because John Hodan had passed on.
      I am delighted to announce that while the company is gone, I am reliably informed that John is alive and well.