Unexpected Way To Pay For The 19" Coil

Update: As the weather here last weekend was pretty average I did a specie smash (as a few others over here in WA did). I smashed a bunch of species but kept this one by itself just to see what it actually had in it. The estimate was 20.9 grams from the calculator.

Tragically for my poor mates it panned out to be 28 grams. It is probably more as there was floating gold everywhere in the pan. I've kept everything from the pans to fire off in a single fire just to be 100% sure.

Winning

Cheers

BB

• Like 4

Bada Bing

That specie with that much gold is an amazing find especially with the 19" and had been invisable to the other detectors. Congratulations on that find. 

It really doesn't surprise me that the gold content was much highher than expected. I am attaching a picture of a specie that I found with the 14" that a specific gravity test shows a negative amount of gold. Maybe it has a void in it and causes a false weight.

Norm

IMG_5081_1.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Bada Bing said:

....there was floating gold everywhere in the pan. I've kept everything from the pans to fire off in a single fire just to be 100% sure.

Winning

Cheers

BB

Great result Bada Bing. Might be a good idea to go back to where you got it and start digging.

The " floating gold" reminded me of what an old pro said to me once: " If you get floating flour gold in your pan, dig straight down, it could indicate a supergene"

Further to this, here is an extract from one of the "Gold and Ghosts" series of books written by David De Havelland :

598cc9e241a56_Flakegold.jpg.967af766b11cc1f93e2961dcfa9aa177.jpg

Does anyone know more about this?

Col

• Like 1