MX Sport Help

sod

Sure could use some help on this one.

This is NOT a post to bash my new found family member. She is very sensitive and goes deeper then I care to dig (all day)

My first Sport didn't take to the water all that well so I called that sweet lady at Whites and she had a new machine out that day. ( God Bless Her )

When the new machine arrived I was a little under the weather and wasn't able to unbox her and run but that gave me time to do a some research on an old overgrow park.

The first four hours she was finding coins, jewelry, Junk and of cores my favorite pull tabs like you wouldn't believe when all of a sudden she went bonkers and every target I hit sounded like someone ripping cloth over the PA system in all modes.  I wanted to do a restore but the manual was sitting at home so I got the Safari outta  the truck and followed the trail in the sand where I was dragging my butt and was back to finding pull tabs?

This morning I did a restore and she's back?  What did I do wrong to cause my girl to act this way so I can avoid it?

It was a sunny 71* day. She rode over to the park in the front  seat of the truck with my hat pulled over her face so's not to over heat?

Battery's fully charged. Coil wire wrapped snug but not to tight. Ground read 64. No overhead power lines and from the looks of the park

I don't think anything was buried and I did clean the sand outta the coil cover.?

This will be one sweet baby as soon as I learn how to burp her.

Thanks in advance.

Sod

Welcome to the forum!

As an isolated incident I would not think much of it. Could have been a glitch that the reset eliminated. Could have been a temporary EMI issue. Regardless it sounds like the machine is running fine now.  If it was me I would not put further thought into it unless it occurs again.

Modern detectors that operate via a program in firmware deal with innumerable variables that can interact to cause a problem. It is actually something to expect at some point, and is a major reason for a reset function on many complex electronic devices.

The nice thing about the MX Sport reset is all you have to do is remember it is under the options menu with most everything else.

WHITE'S MX SPORT RESET

1. Restore to Factory Settings:

2. Press Option, use the up and down arrows to select RESET.

3. Press and hold Pinpoint button.

4. All options return to factory settings. 

IMG_429.jpg

• Like 2

Sod

If your MX Sport is working correct now I'd say all is well on the home front.

I got this Scuba Tector today and not so smart me was wanting to change some things.Boy I did I went from everything that it had before to nothing. I did get to where I wanted it but not so sure how I got there. I slowly put it down and I'll take this up another day.

Chuck  

• Like 1

Thank you  Steve and Chuck.

This place is on the edge of the map that time forgot and EMI was the first thing that came to mind but to the best of my knowledge I do think the place has ever seen electricity unless it was struck by lightning. Today I'll take her to the lake and if she can talk me into the water we'll see if this glitch reoccurs.

Good luck with your new girl Chuck

Thanks again guy's