Hunting Specimen Gold In Nevada With The SDC

From my perspective Minelab has come close to eliminating my need for high frequency units like the GMT or Gold Bug 2. It actually does better than them in any kind of mineralization and they only still really have an edge on sub-grain gold in low mineral ground. Or of course for sorting through small ferrous trash.

Steve & Chris ...

This is a great thread! Want your opinion on what the SDC 2300 would do on

samples like mine below.

This sample came off that bench I was working on when you guys came to visit.

Old reports mention finding samples in calcite stringers in the same area.

Picked this up near to a marble type bedrock in close contact to a serpentinite.

I have been trying to find where this came from with my Gold Bug II.

post-7-0-13051400-1414533738_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-24316600-1414533775_thumb.jpg

Chris, Steve,

You guys are doing great.  Impressive that you are managing websites and forums and also writing books and magazine articles and still finding time to get out and consistently find good gold, which is what it's all about.  Chris, I think you even also have a day job? 

I suffer from the way too many distractions syndrome and thanks for providing some inspiration to get out and detect more often.

Gave Ken Walls at Eureka Prospecting Supplies some money yesterday and in return he gave me a new SDC 2300!  So now I'm committed to becoming a serious prospector.  Going to be going detecting early this morning and hope to be posting some "finds" pictures soon.

I think I know where the specimen gold you posted here came from and it ain't easy to find gold with a detector there.  The SDC 2300 helped but I'm sure that the skill factor counted for a lot.

- Bob

I hope you find plenty, did I forget to mention that I get 10% of the finds. ( Not the trash). Good luck out there, stay in touch and let me know how you are doing, or if you need any help.

I hope you find plenty, did I forget to mention that I get 10% of the finds. ( Not the trash). Good luck out there, stay in touch and let me know how you are doing, or if you need any help.

Ken, if things go according to plan, with 10% by mid March or so you'll be able to retire or at the very least buy your wife a new Mustang.

Went on the Comstock Club work party on Thursday to do some maintenance on the club's Yuba River claims and took the SDC along.  Really happy with the portability and performance aside, the "Grab and Go" ease of taking this detector along is worth a lot even if it wasn't such a great detector (which of course it is).  Did my first underwater detecting, lots of fun but requires some different recovery techniques!

Also found nice polished piece of abalone shell on the bank.  Not sure how it got there.

- Bob

• Like 1