21 hours ago, fredmason said:

Nice gold, Paul!

Why did you trade the 7000? just curious?

fred

No problem there Fred. 

I had been using Trent’s 5000 because it was quieter for me. And that could be operator error. Also I noticed I was getting larger nuggets with the 5000.

Nothing wrong with the 7000 I have had 2 of them ?

The way we have been working this old worked ground, is to scrape the old piles off the virgin ground and hope there is gold there.

We also look for deep ground that had never been pushed and exploit it.

of course none of this happens until Trent checks his maps to see if we have a fighting chance. Remember the dryblowing is the primary concern, nuggets are a bonus.

so after we dryblow, I take the 5000 with either the 16” NF round or the 17x13 NF Evo.... to quickly pinpoint, after a target is located, I use the sdc... makes it easier instead of diggging bomb craters.

In the last 5days I have dug 20gms with the 5000.

And to give a simple answer, I just like swinging it. 

To each his own...

Heres what I got this evening.... after we ran 20 ton thru the Dryblower

• Like 3

No worries, Mate! I found gold with my 2200, extreme, 3500 and Mark's 4000...they were all good machines...as you say personal preference...or to each his own. 

I would love to have a chance to wander the hills and flats of Western Oz with my 7000...

no pic, btw

fred

• Like 2

Just now, fredmason said:

No worries, Mate! I found gold with my 2200, extreme, 3500 and Mark's 4000...they were all good machines...as you say personal preference...or to each his own. 

I would love to have a chance to wander the hills and flats of Western Oz with my 7000...

no pic, btw

fred

Pictures grrrrr..

20180914_153537.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Getting warm over here in NQ OZ but I`ve extended the season there`s a "beat the lad" bigun calling me. Don`t rest Paul...........I`m huffin & puffin...........and Trent stop pushin the lad.........crikey I can feel a shout comin on.........

• Like 2

CA9610D3-6295-4DB8-BDC3-290644B5C8A8.thumb.jpeg.a57bcd6405d039425092ecc0a42f28f1.jpegHad a good day all around today!

Ran the dryblower this morning for a couple of hours and got 8:5 gms...

After we went to town and had a cheeseburger and chips,I came back and started detecting...... (well maybe I took a short ?)

I ended up with 7.7 grams for the evening.....not bad for a Yank..

Going to bed soon!

Only 40days left ...... me ?     Trent??????

• Like 6
  • Haha 3