Crikey, Paul, couple more training seasons and you`ll be a full blown convict, cultured good enough to be a Queenslander. I`ve had a query from a local here about that Yankee "tenant" that speaks "double dutch", said he had a good yack to you while you were hunting coins. All good fun...……… but sounds like our lingo is a definite no - no in the US. 

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2018 at 4:34 AM, Norvic said:

Crikey, Paul, couple more training seasons and you`ll be a full blown convict, cultured good enough to be a Queenslander. I`ve had a query from a local here about that Yankee "tenant" that speaks "double dutch", said he had a good yack to you while you were hunting coins. All good fun...……… but sounds like our lingo is a definite no - no in the US. 

I learnt a bit of lingo too, apparently these southern folk get upset being called Yankees.  It’s a bit like telling a Queenslander he has to wear a blue jersey.   I compromised and dropped two letters so now it’s just ‘The Yank’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ya Trent, I owe the lad a Maroon Jersey at least, for sure.?

• Like 1

JW said-

"So if someone one calls you an F wit they are just calling you an idiot, or a looser. They could give it more punch by saying, you are an F 'ing idiot or F 'ing looser. If told to F off, it just means get out of here, go away, get out of my face, get lost. But depending how you say it, & in what context it could men something else. If you say F off in a bewildering manner then it means, your kidding, no way, bullshit, your joking, are you serious etc.... The C word just cuts a bit closer to the bone.

Among friends & family it is a bit like water off a ducks back. So if you call them a C or , your a C, it doesn't have much sting or impact "

I'm hoping the last sentence is true  or I'm in deep trouble back in Meeka....:laugh:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vanursepaul said:

I'm already getting the fever to be back---please do not post anything else until April....:wink:

Righto, no worries, all that lovely liquid sunshine is falling here at present, with the wet here have nothing gold related to post, tis mushroom season and if you`ve had a feed of freshly picked field mushrooms you know they are the nuggets of the NQ wet. 

Saying that I`ll post some eye candy to keep our fever bubbling...…...

IMG_0037.JPG

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Righto, no worries, all that lovely liquid sunshine is falling here at present, with the wet here have nothing gold related to post, tis mushroom season and if you`ve had a feed of freshly picked field mushrooms you know they are the nuggets of the NQ wet. 

Saying that I`ll post some eye candy to keep our fever bubbling...…...

IMG_0037.JPG

You are a rascally man my friend.... a trait similar to all my aussie friends!!! lolol