Minelab GPZ 19 First Gold Plus Gold Monster Tidbits

I'd love to try that machine, only draw back is my area holds very little gold.  But it might be a super gold jewelry machine.

Thanks for taking the time to post your finds.

Big coils area tough call. I like them mainly for ground coverage but in this case the extra weight added to what is already a heavy detector makes it harder to get excited about putting the GPZ19 on the detector. People get all tied up in knots over the advertising and percentages which all strikes me as beside the point. I know the GPZ19 goes deeper than the GPZ14. Maybe it's only an inch, maybe more, maybe less, but I have no doubt when I put the GPZ19 on that I am getting that little extra I might need to make a find. It certainly is a nice feeling when you find a little patch like I did to be able to break out the big coil and give it another go. I always hate leaving a good spot thinking there might be something else lurking there just out of reach and the GPZ19 helps put that concern to rest.

• Like 5

Try Phonexis poly-carb skid plate with the 19, gets rid of most of those "knock signals", I too am back up at your insane settings but found leave the vol on 7 and use the B&Z booster.

The 19 is a magic coil, should have my Monster Tuesday, really looking forward to my first gold VLF since the Striker bit of fun.....

• Like 2

The bumping is not an issue for me. It occurred rarely and only if I banged the coil hard. I might have to do the modification anyway though by placing a poly-carb piece on the bottom of the Nugget Finder skid plate. It seems very thin for the weight of the coil it is carrying and I do not expect it to be a long life item.

I suspect to get the stability that the poly-carb gives it needs to be bonded direct to the coil, I`ve also done it to the 14 and surprisingly it has stabilised it to some extent I have found this makes it too a better quieter coil. Maybe just a personal thingo but I doubt it as has noticeably upped my yield.

• Like 1

Very nice gold and good info! I'm looking forward to my GM1000 arriving too; it'll be nice to have a lightweight "grab-n-go". :-)

5 hours ago, fredmason said:

Great info on both detectors, Thanks.

I finally gave in to greed, fear of loss and not wanting to be out-gunned by my "peers". The 19 inch arrives today...

fred

Fred,

You have a deep patch or two and you don't want anyone to use this coil on it before you.

It was one of the reasons why I HAD to buy it.

Mitchel

• Like 1