Rudy, now don't be giving away all our secrets!  I know there is less gold in Rye Patch after each trip we make there...lol. That coil in the hole doesn't do that dig much justice.  The hole goes deeper behind the coils nose into the bedrock.  Once we zeroed in, we didn't want to waste time busting out all the bedrock, just where it counted.  

Rick

Fred,

Thats Rudy's GPZ.  He added and extension to the lower shaft to swing the 19" coil.  We have 4 of the 19" coils in our group and no one uses them...well except for serving pizzas ?.  The extension works great if anybody does swing the 19".  Rudy's size 14 feet and that coil wasn't working out for him.  There is flex in the lower shaft with the added length.  To me it seems like it would break.  But, Rudy made it Rudy tough!

Rick

• Like 2

There's hardly any flex. I get a extra 6 inches. Gives me a nice wide swing and it keeps that coil away from all the metal on me. I never understood why minelab made the length so short. But I used the extra long lower shaft from doc on all my gpxs so maybe I'm just use to it. 

• Like 2