How To Get Your Old " Friend " To Cough Up Some Gold

It's possible to disassemble the ATX coil and shaft assembly. http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/168-disassemble-clean-garrett-atx-shaft-cams/

A rod could then be fashioned to do the job and the cable is long enough for such a project. You can see one I made myself at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/462-garrett-atx-strip-down-rebuild/?do=findComment&comment=3580

However, just my personal recommendation - the Infinium starts looking more attractive as a complete out of box solution that can be hip or chest mounted. It's debatable for your use whether a lot of mods, backpacks, etc. would be worth it. That of course is something only you can decide.

atx-coil-on-whites-rod.png

• Like 1

I'm thinking the same thing, Steve.  I'll probably find more good stuff with an Infinium in 6 hours vs using an ATX for 2 hours.  I need something I can have fun with all day. 

Now which of you guys wants to sell me your lonely and un-loved Infinium?  I promise it will have a good home and I'll post lots of photos next summer in Montana!

On 6/20/2017 at 5:34 PM, MontAmmie said:

I'm thinking the same thing, Steve.  I'll probably find more good stuff with an Infinium in 6 hours vs using an ATX for 2 hours.  I need something I can have fun with all day. 

Now which of you guys wants to sell me your lonely and un-loved Infinium?  I promise it will have a good home and I'll post lots of photos next summer in Montana!

I'm sorry, but you cannot have my Infinium..

Incidentally, even when wearing the control box, if you're using the Power-coil the Infinium will get heavy on ya after a couple hours un-aided swinging.. On the plus side it is extremely well balanced..

Swamp

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

I'm sorry, but you cannot have my Infinium..

Incidentally, even when wearing the control box, if you're using the Power-coil the Infinium will get heavy on ya after a couple hours un-aided swinging.. On the plus side it is extremely well balanced..

Swamp

Al, your Infinium says it wants to come live at my house. :biggrin:

I'm actually bidding on a Surfmaster PI on Ebay right now.  It looks like a light weight, nice little machine.  I'll just have fun in the water now and I have a few months yet to pick something for finding Montana gold.  Maybe a GM1000?  Maybe Garrett will roll out a lighter weight ATX before next June.  Maybe one of Steve's Minelabs will get mad at him and hitch a ride to my house too. :smile: 

• Like 2

That picture of your pendant is too small and dosent do it justice lol. I know you can do better as I see you are a professional photographer. Put that Nikon to work and show us a better photo :biggrin:

strick

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, strick said:

That picture of your pendant is too small and dosent do it justice lol. I know you can do better as I see you are a professional photographer. Put that Nikon to work and show us a better photo :biggrin:

strick

Too lazy to fire up the Nikon and just used my cellphone.  LOL. Sometimes I regret turning "pro", even though the extra money every month is nice.  Photography used to be fun, now it's a job.  I'll get a better photo, just for you, Strick!  :smile:

I tested the diamonds and they're fake.  :sad:  I was surprised at that with the gold content being that high.  I was hoping for my first real diamond find!

• Like 1

All my non-junk jewelry finds for about the past 2 weeks.  About 15 hours on the wet sand and surf.  The rope chain is 925, but the musical note pendant is stainless.  The citizen bracelet is not silver either, but it looks good on my fat wrist.  I told ya'll our beaches are slim pickin's!  On the bright side I've lost 2 lbs. :wink:

June MD Finds.jpg

• Like 3

Thats more like it! real diamonds or not it's a beautiful pendant. I've only ever got one ring with a large real diamond. Got a bunch that had really nice looking fake stones and a few rings with small real diamonds. Keep up the hard work!

strick

• Like 1