Gold Through The Fire

I have recently been through a whole house fire and am looking to see if there is a metal detector that would help locate my wife's fine jewelry that was sitting on a countertop in the kitchen now that the kitchen is in the basement with the second floor on top of it?

I don't know if it would be any help or not but the new GM 1000 does a really good job of just sounding off on non ferrous items in the discrimination mode in all metal it sounds on everything don't know if it would go deep enough though I have found some pretty deep non ferrous targets with it  lead bullets at around 9-10 inches and brass casings a little deeper    

Sorry to hear about your house fire I know they can be devastating to say the least have gone through it myself so I know what you are going through

Where are you located maybe there is someone in your area that metal detects and would come and volunteer their time to help you locate the items just a thought

I would be happy to rent or pay someone to help, that knows what they are doing. I know operator experience probably plays a large part into success. I am near flint mi if you know anyone in this area. 

• Like 1

Well at one time I lived fairly close to you and would have come and done it for nothing but I am in Arizona now so that's out don't know if it is appropriate or not but there is a forum that has one section where you can look at each state I would post up on there looking for someone to assist you in this   

Thanks strick that's one of the sites I was going to give him and treasurenet.com has the section that's state specific

One other thing I forgot welcome to the site even if it is under bad circumstances